• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jij205

Whats The Diffrent's?

Guest jij205

Hello dudes, im gunna be looking for a new 205 soon due to selling my old 1 becuase i lost all interst. What kind of power diffrents does a 205 xr have and a 205 xs? I am after a 1.4 for now due to thats all i can afford to insure caus i've lost my job! What bhp do they kick out? I just after something to eat up all the local vtr's.lol

Many thanks in advance.

Tesstuff

I don't like the thought of there being grammar and spelling police on here, we can leave that to other forums, but i would like to point out that is it difference not diffrent's.

:)

decoc182

Sup Jij, Hows JIJ motorsport going? Long time no speak brother! Fancy seeing you on here again. After another pug?? Given up with the dubs??

XR makes 75 bhp, and like the one I got off you ,its a single point injection. Has same head as XS, cam is slightly different. XS is the same engine (alloy) and has a twin choke carb and makes 85 bhp.

As for driving, I dont think there is much in it, probably 1s to 60 better i guess.....

jord294

i know of a complete topaz blue xs for sale if your interested ?

snillet

I don´t know how many monopoint (TU3M) versions you have in the UK, but here there are a few, with different heads....

The engine which is called KDZ here excists in 2 very different configurations.

Firstly the version mounted in Citroën BX14 and 205XS and AX GT, which "on paper" has 75hp, but on the registration papers has 80hp, that version has got the "3S" head, same head as fitted to the TU3S (like the UK spec 205XS) engine, this one also has a 7200rpm revlimit.

Second, the version mounted in Peugeot 106/Citroen ZX and a few others, this one also has "on paper" 75hp, but with these the registrationpapers also says 75hp. This one has the same head as the TU1M engine, with somewhat smaller portdiam among other things, this one has a 6500rpm revlimit.

The valvesizes are the same on those two heads though, you can "make out" the better (more powerful) engine by the "3S" letters in the casting of the head.

BOTH these engines are called KDZ :(, darn frenchies :ph34r:

But Specs varies widely between coutnries as you all might know, just look at the 205 rallye *LOL*

Edited by snillet

NeilGTi85

What about a later GTX instead of the XR or XS :(

stu_woac

also the gearbox is different on the xs giving you alot slow 0-60 due to not being so short