• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MerlinGTI

Questions About Oil Filler Cap

MerlinGTI

I was wondering if there were any different oil filler caps that are interchangable with an 8v's?

Reason I ask is im about to re-route the vent pipes, so a cap that has 2 equal sized 'barbs' rather than the one huge & 1 small or even just 1 barb rather than the two would make things much neater.

Failing this does anyone know what size pipes fit the standard 8v filler cap? I know the smaller one needs an 8mm ID pipe....

Cheers

engine killer
I was wondering if there were any different oil filler caps that are interchangable with an 8v's?

Reason I ask is im about to re-route the vent pipes, so a cap that has 2 equal sized 'barbs' rather than the one huge & 1 small or even just 1 barb rather than the two would make things much neater.

Failing this does anyone know what size pipes fit the standard 8v filler cap? I know the smaller one needs an 8mm ID pipe....

Cheers

the Mi16 (XU9J4) may suit your need.

MerlinGTI

Nice one engine killer ;)

Dont have a part number do ya by any chance?

MerlinGTI

ta :)

MerlinGTI

oh oh :)

How expensive? my service box access got removed.

jplautomotive

26.13 plus vat

engine killer
oh oh :)

How expensive? my service box access got removed.

use the 8v cap with a screw to block one hole and stick a breather at the hole, that was what i did :(

MerlinGTI
use the 8v cap with a screw to block one hole and stick a breather at the hole, that was what i did :)

Ghetto :D I will pull my trousers down and hand over my wallet to pug methinks. :(

Rom

There no other XU that has a one port cap ?

Ryan

The mi16 cap is probably a lot cheaper from a motor factors, it's not a dealer-only part.

MerlinGTI

its getting across to them what one you need though withought a reg, make model year or part # (one they will reconise anyways, can they do it from the pug part number?)