• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
humanz

Oil Filler

humanz

Ok, after checking how the oil filler is mounted, I realised that my oil filler has 2 small hoses in the cap, a thick hose halfway down the filler, and another thick hose at the bottom. In looking at pictures in some of the articles on the main website, I realised my hoses seem routed differently. The hose 1 is connected to near the oil filter. The hose 2 joins with the hose at the bottom of the filler and connects to the block. The hose 3 leads to the induction ducting.

Mine:

post-7319-1238758668_thumb.jpg

Vs.

post-7319-1238758700.jpg

post-7319-1238758871.jpg

Is my setup fine?

engine killer
Ok, after checking how the oil filler is mounted, I realised that my oil filler has 2 small hoses in the cap, a thick hose halfway down the filler, and another thick hose at the bottom. In looking at pictures in some of the articles on the main website, I realised my hoses seem routed differently. The hose 1 is connected to near the oil filter. The hose 2 joins with the hose at the bottom of the filler and connects to the block. The hose 3 leads to the induction ducting.

Is my setup fine?

this will give you some hints.

humanz

Ok, so compare that picture to my current setup below.

post-7319-1238832547_thumb.jpg

I've got no hose leading to the throttle, and the hose that would lead from the head of the engine goes to the oil filler instead. And the place where the hose would connect to on the head is blanked off. The other two hoses are swapped around.

If I'm right in thinking that the oil flows according to the arrows below,

post-7319-1238832808_thumb.jpg

I can simply swap the blue and green hoses around. But again I ask, are there any problems with how it's setup now? I'm thinking that with the hose that leads to the induction ducting so low on the oil filler, there's a greater chance that oil will be flowing back through to the intake manifold.

Or have I got it all wrong?

engine killer

from your first pict, it seems like you don't have a ventilation for the cam cover. if it doesn't then you may suffer a very high pressure inside the engine head.

what i did to my 8v was almost exactly same as the original pict. but the hoses connecting to the hose after afm and throttle body were no longer exist instead i had those two holes blocked to prevent air leak. and at the filler cap i had a oil breather filter installed to allow vapour escape and the other end blocked. this setup would still release the pressure.

my mechanic told me the original setup was a very good design, you can have the pressure released to intake and lubricate the valves and pistons' rings a bit (but i personally found it make the throttle plate very dirty. it also made the air/cond bleed valve (idle controller) very dirty resulting unstable idling and i had to clean it every month.

humanz
from your first pict, it seems like you don't have a ventilation for the cam cover. if it doesn't then you may suffer a very high pressure inside the engine head.

what i did to my 8v was almost exactly same as the original pict. but the hoses connecting to the hose after afm and throttle body were no longer exist instead i had those two holes blocked to prevent air leak. and at the filler cap i had a oil breather filter installed to allow vapour escape and the other end blocked. this setup would still release the pressure.

my mechanic told me the original setup was a very good design, you can have the pressure released to intake and lubricate the valves and pistons' rings a bit (but i personally found it make the throttle plate very dirty. it also made the air/cond bleed valve (idle controller) very dirty resulting unstable idling and i had to clean it every month.

I'll check my mechanic and see if it was something he did by design or an oversight. I'm considering putting an inline breather filter to trap oil from returning to the induction ducting, to reduce the oil buildup by the throttle plate. But again, I'll see what he says first. Until I won't switch them around then.

Cheers Engine Killer.

RobBBoi

Pipe 4 in the pic could somebody tell me where it goes to please? I cant tell from the pic.

Edited by RobBBoi

engine killer
Pipe 4 in the pic could somebody tell me where it goes to please? I cant tell from the pic.

it should be a block breather pipe, from block to filler.

RobBBoi

Ok nice one. So it wont affect my idleing issues :ph34r: ?