• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AndyR

Bleeding Brakes On 1.9

AndyR

Yup.. have been bleeding the brakes on the 1.9 today.. Im having a problem tho.. the rear left caliper doesnt seem to be getting any fluid. the reservoir is on max and no matter how many times me and a mate open and close the bleed screw with the pedal down we aint getting any fluid out. All the other ones were ok just the rear left. Could one of the compensators be to blaim? Can they get blocked?

pug_ham

They can seize so it could be that causing the problem, is the brake working?

If it is you can bleed the caliper by loosening the hose and letting fluid out that way but using a pressure bleeder is best IMO for doing it that way. I was wary of doing it that way but Les3002 has done his that way and had no problems so it might give you a chance to find out where theblockage is.

Graham.:D

AndyR

The caliper doesnt do anything, just air coming out of the caliper when the brakes are pressed down. Im going to see if I can undo the compensator and get fluid out... maybe its blocked then.

Anyone know how much they cost? 1.9 compensators that is?

cybernck

my money is on blocked compensator :huh:.

they're silly money new from peugeot, just ask chief :D.

Simes

I reckon on blocked compensator! The garage failed my car for having three brakes, they then tried to charge me £200 for a new caliper. After getting home removing the bleed nipple and stamping on the pedal with no result I deduced that something else was wrong. I did strip the caliper down and found it to work, so concluded it was the compensator.

They are about £35

Guest eckyboy

1.9 compensators are £20 but dont go to peugeot there to expensive...

goto...a motorfactors of some sort near you...

C_W
1.9 compensators are £20 but dont go to peugeot there to expensive...

goto...a motorfactors of some sort near you...

I bought new compensators for mine from a local parts place and there were still nearly £40 each!!!

AndyR

Well new pair of the compensators then. Since they make different ratings which you cant mix and no way to tell what Ive got as they are soooo rusty looking.

Anyone got a pair? msg me.

Guest RichF
The caliper doesnt do anything, just air coming out of the caliper when the brakes are pressed down.

I recently had to do this and it took absolutely ages to get any fluid through. I'd almost given up when the first drops started to appear.

If air's coming out of the caliper when you push the pedal then the route between the master cylinder then the caliper must be open ?

Just give it one last go before you spend any cash :D

Sign in to follow this