• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest leelee

Rear Suspension Troubles

Guest leelee

hello!

i am in the middle of dropping the rear suspension by following the torsion bar artical that is on the drivers website. ive taken the plate off and the next step is to go to the other side of the car and undo the "locking nut" and then undo the bolt with a screwdriver - i hope u'll understand what im saying if you've done this . firstly is the locing nut supposed to come off , im assuming it is but when i undid it it just turned until it was loose and then i could undo the bolt with the screwdriver. i started undoing it but nothing seems to be happening. 2morrow im going to try the other side and see if the same happens. i have a really s*it feelign that ive somehow buggered the thread. if so what am i going to do? am i going to have to replace the whole rear beam? help me

welshpug

you should hold the stud in place with the screwdriver slot and loosen the 13mm till it comes off.

Then you can withdraw the torsion bar.

Guest leelee

that sounds good to me. i was really worried. also i bought a koni suspension kit with shorter rear dampers for the drop but they dont have gaiters on them. am i supposed to try to put gaiters on them coz i cant see a way of putting them on?