• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TALBOT sport

Ride Height Question 205 Gti

TALBOT sport

hi. i have mounted konis with springs that should lower 35 mm front. havent driven the car but i have rolled it. however it seems that the drop is about 20 on the front. do they have to settle during some drivingtime maybe?

I have also refurbed the beam and been setting the bars alot of times now. finally i think the rear is pretty spot on comparing to the front.

I´ve read that the best way to find out if the rear and front are correct set comparing to each other is by measuring the jacking points.

My measurements are about 200 mm rear and 185 mm front. is this correct you think. When i look at the car from the side it seems there are bigger space between arch and tire on the front but maybe its how it should be?

well. help me out and give your opinions about wheter i got it right.

hope you understand my english.

//Daniel

Guest Tony_180

with regards to the springs they will settle a little maybe another 5mm or so but they wont drop another 15mm.

pugdamo

There will be a bigger gap on the front arch as these are cut higher than the rear arches. The springs will settle a bit more if you drive it but not a great deal. Hope that helps

TALBOT sport

i´ve set the distance between damper mountingholes to 313 mm and its looking good.

thanks for the help