• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Ms Wiring Diagram

pugpete1108

i am hoping to get the 205 running this weekend/week as i've got a few days off work but i need to go over the wiring befrore hand just to check.

i lost the original wiring diagram from when i built the loom so have had to work from a few scraps and my bad memory to come up with this:

post-7077-1238055902_thumb.jpg

i am thinking i will need to put a switched feed for the fuel pump (dunno why i didnt to start with)

and am a little unsure if i have wired the injectors up in the right order?

any advice/comments would be apprieciated

DrSarty
and am a little unsure if i have wired the injectors up in the right order?

any advice/comments would be apprieciated

If you go on the Megasquirt pages (you haven't mentioned if you're running MS, MSII or MSII extra), you'll find diagrams just like this a-plenty to reassure you you're doing it right.

This might help. It's an MSIIv3 external wiring diagram. It does not include the 'relay box' you need, which you've included on your diagram, but I have a diagram somewhere that might help and I'll try and find an official one for you too:

v3ext_wiring-1.gif

Here's an MSIIv3 pin listing for the above:

msharness_pinout.gif

And this is my relay box design, which is running in my car now and has worked perfectly. It's a combination of recommended MS design PLUS my own 3rd relay for an additional back-up switch to activate the cooling fan, AND an inertia/engine cut-out switch too.

LoomLayouts3.jpg

As for injectors, they all fire at once (batch fire) so there is no need to do anything special/sequential with them at all, unless you are running a second timing sensor off the inlet cam which enables you to run sequential injection (and spark for that matter).

The injectors are only paired to enable a 5amp fuse per pair, but as said, they all (usually) fire at once.

HTH.

Edited by DrSarty

pugpete1108
If you go on the Megasquirt pages (you haven't mentioned if you're running MS, MSII or MSII extra), you'll find diagrams just like this a-plenty to reassure you you're doing it right.

This might help. It's an MSIIv3 external wiring diagram. It does not include the 'relay box' you need, which you've included on your diagram, but I have a diagram somewhere that might help and I'll try and find an official one for you too:

v3ext_wiring-1.gif

Here's an MSIIv3 pin listing for the above:

msharness_pinout.gif

And this is my relay box design, which is running in my car now and has worked perfectly. It's a combination of recommended MS design PLUS my own 3rd relay for an additional back-up switch to activate the cooling fan, AND an inertia/engine cut-out switch too.

LoomLayouts3.jpg

As for injectors, they all fire at once (batch fire) so there is no need to do anything special/sequential with them at all, unless you are running a second timing sensor off the inlet cam which enables you to run sequential injection (and spark for that matter).

The injectors are only paired to enable a 5amp fuse per pair, but as said, they all (usually) fire at once.

HTH.

cheers rich, i emailed phill at extra efi and he confirmed that i do need to have a switched feed for the fueal and the fan relay (the original wiring i did was from dreamweavers emerald set up)

will make the nescessary adjusyments for the diagram before i check the wiring on the car, so hopefully i will get it right and she'll start for the first time in two years.

will keep ya posted

btw its a ms1extra code being used

Edited by pugpete1108

DrSarty
cheers rich, i emailed phill at extra efi and he confirmed that i do need to have a switched feed for the fueal and the fan relay

That's exactly what my bottom diagram shows; the yellow lines are switched lives going to both the middle and RH relays.

As said it works perfectly in my car, and Phil has confirmed this. So you should be good to go.

pugpete1108

to save too much re-wiring i'm just gonna link from pin 85 on the fan relay(which is already switched from the main relay) to pin 85 on the fuel relay so they both are switched together.

at least then none are running direct from the battery

still got to wire in my lambda s which s four wire narrow band, do you know what wires are for the heater? (i think the two grey ones) and what is neg and pos?

Edited by pugpete1108