• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Renewing Copper Brake Lines

djinuk

I am soon going to be spraying my engine bay, but i am just at the point of stripping down teh copper brake lines. My question is how do i go about renewing these after. Is it a major job, can i buy a kit to do it etc.

Baz

You can buy a reel of brake pipe, and the fittings, then you'll need a flaring tool too once cut to the desired length. Simple if you have all the right bits. Or find a friendly garage to knock them up for you. :lol:

Ethos

FYI I paid £97 at my local garage to have a whole new front to rear brake line with a full fluid flush and renew.

I thought it was going to be cheaper than that but that chap said it was a bit of a bitch to do... (routing and bleed nipples).

EdCherry

I gave miles the lengths of of what I needed and he made them to order (cheaper than me buying the tools + brake pipe + fittings).

willmounsey

Just looking through the demon-tweeks motorsport book and there is automec car specific brake pipe kits which are cut to lenght with new fittings so you just have to bnd them in place.

1.6 gti is £69.50+vat

1.9 gti is £99.99+vat

If you even try and take the old ones off without damaging them take them to your local garage and get them to make new ones and if the fittings are ok use them thats what I did with mine mate.

jeremy

If you take the old ones to a motor factors they should make them up for you for about $40 or slightly less. I paid £32 but that was about 4/5 years ago.

Edited by jeremy

Rom

Ive just changed mine for braided lines throughout. Had mine painted, and thought copper would spoil the shiny bay :ph34r:

Got them off Mr Swampy on here, though they can be sourced elsewhere of course.

They dont fit in standard clips, but other than that, easy install.

Edit : Werent much more than copper seems ot be looking at the prices posted.

Edited by Rom

djinuk

Is it mrs swampy you mean, as i cant find a Mr swampy on here, you got any pics rom.

Miles

I can supply them in either copper or Braded and will beat Swampy's price without fail, Where he looks cheap is selling stainless pipes but Zinc plated end's which go rusty after a period of time, where mine are all Stainless which last's a lifetime

CosKev
I can supply them in either copper or Braded and will beat Swampy's price without fail, Where he looks cheap is selling stainless pipes but Zinc plated end's which go rusty after a period of time, where mine are all Stainless which last's a lifetime

So you can do a kit for all brake pipes in braided??????

Any pics of them fitted to master cylinder?????

PM price please for full kit :ph34r:

djinuk

u have a pm miles

paul205mi16

Would also be interested in a price miles, please PM price for 1.6GTI setup.thanks

pug_ham

Moved into correct section.

Please check where you are posting a topic & consider if its the right one.

Graham.

djinuk

no problem , sorry about that

t16ryan

th_T16TrackCar008.jpg

th_EBAYWHEELS008.jpg

By the flaring tool and do them yourself it only cost me £11 in pipe and fittings to do the whole car :) im in the brocess of doing my black dimma at the moment.

pugpete1108

i took allmy oldones to my local car place and they med them up for me for like £1per metre and about the same for each fitting and they made them all up for me, shame i made them look crap when i fitted them :) poxy stuff to get straight

Paul_13

Deffinately recommend Miles, spot on with my brakes line for the whole car. Very cheap as well!

djinuk

do the brake lines run under teh fuel tank? i have forgot ?

SurGie

No they are at the side next to fuel lines.

djinuk

ah yes thats right , then rotton things (fuel lines)! :)

SurGie

Yeh too right, iv got copper ones now, they last almost forever but little dearer, and larger diamater too...

djinuk

hmm maybe i should look at placing mine.