• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisj21

306 Central Locking Into 205

chrisj21

Hi all,

Has anyone attempted to fit the 306 central locking system to there gti?

Once the gti6 conversion is fitted i'll be getting a good alarm system and the central locking on my gti has been butchered in the past. Im looking to fit the 306 system so i can use the remote key etc.

Also will i be able to install the ignition from the 306?

I've had a search through but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Rom

Id guess the ign barrel will be different.

The plugs on the motors will probably be different, aswell as the motors themselves. Some (higher end?) 306s had deadlocking.

If your getting an alarm, just get one that does remote locking ? A lot easier than trying to fit the system from the 306.

Most motors can be made to work, its just mounting and wiring them. Mines got universal ones off ebay in there.

Rob Turbo

The central locking on a 306 is built into the latch, I'd say I wouldn't have thought it would fit, but you kever know!

The igniton barrel looks the same I think, I haven't had the barrel out but I have had the column off.

chrisj21
Rom Posted Today, 08:39 PM

If your getting an alarm, just get one that does remote locking ? A lot easier than trying to fit the system from the 306.

Yes point taken, I thought it would be good to use the 306 remote key for the locking as well as ignition.

I did notice the 306 locks had combined motors, i'll get hold of one and have a look to see if i can fit it of adapt it.

Hopefully the barrel will fit so ican use the key atleast.

Just an experiment really as the original 205 remote locking im finding near impossible to find.

Chris

number2301

If the standard 306 remote you're talking about is infrared I wouldn't bother. Infrared systems are rubbish and when you can get an RF system for £200 there's no point imo.

miamichris

I would agree there, I have the infa red locking on my 306 and its s**te to be honest, but better than nothing I suppose!

marc t

I know Infa red isn't the best but when I get time I was going to fit one from a 106 then put a new key blank in the remote.