• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
humanz

New Battery, Any Specifications?

humanz

I'm in need of a new battery as the one currently in the car is too tall! :rolleyes: My mechanic also said that it's too puny for a 205 (think he was talking about the power of the current battery) :( So tomorrow, I'll be out looking for a new battery.

As the one that's in right now was sold to me as a battery suitable for a 205 (i'm thinking the salesperson kinda dropped the ball there), is there anything I should look for regarding the power output from the battery before I purchase? Had a look thru the Haynes as well as a search on here and couldn't turn up any numbers.

Thanks.

welshpug

just an 063 you need for a 205 :(

though I have an 065 or 075 IIRC in mine, Diesel battery from a 405, just about fits and starts great :rolleyes:

ORB

I run a battery from a 2.0 Turbo Derv MG ZR in mine, took about 10 mins to fit it and it cranks VERY well.

I admit it is heavier than I need, but I do like having starting power.

humanz
just an 063 you need for a 205 :)

though I have an 065 or 075 IIRC in mine,

What do those numbers mean?

Moz_Goodwood

its sort of like wether you need a AA or AAA batteries 063 is the code if you like, just try and get a 063 with higher cranking amps than the normal one's

ive got a halfrauds 063 calcium one in mine and it seems a decent battery

This one

humanz

So those numbers are part of the product codes. Well, as I'm not in the UK, and we've no Halfords here, they're not very helpful. In any case, I purchased a Ford motorcraft battery from the local Peugeot dealer (seems like they're not bringing in Peugeots anymore) with 500A of cold cranking power. Have to check the old battery to see how much power it had. Now I've gotten the new battery in, I can see that the old one really was too tall.

welshpug

its not a halfords code, just a code much lie AA as mentioned