• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

A Few Things

davey205

i have done a quick search yes, please anyone information on how to sort;

1. when cold cuts out have to keep it on the gas for 1st couple of minutes

2. Driving lights dont work (checked fuse and its fine)

3. Squeaking from rear when going slowly sounds a bit like a bearing but im not sure

4. Squeaky breaks sounds like coming from rear also

5. i want to remove a towbar that is on the car and the electrics go behind the ns rear light ive taken the lens off but how do i remove the silver bulb holder as well ?

help on any of these would be really appreciated

**apologies i should have put this in general i think

Edited by davey205

pug309twin40s

1. SAD problem, remove the sad and give it a good clean

2. possibly the connectors on them are rusted, remove the lights and clean the contacts up on them and refit(doesnt always work), also check the wiring to the light gets 12v's, if not them then bulb could be gone,

3/4, check your rear breaks, if yours has discs then could be pads are low or if it has drums then , remove the drum and check the brake shoes, sometimes its just dirt in the drum that causes squeaking.

5. not sure

richsmells

5. Open boot. Gently pull away fabric lining from inside boot. Feel around for small centrally located nut on back of unit. Use a long socket or extension to remove. Remove bulbs and gently pull away light cluster from chassis. Wiring plugs are clipped into the back of the unit.

Edited by richsmells

davey205
1. SAD problem, remove the sad and give it a good clean

2. possibly the connectors on them are rusted, remove the lights and clean the contacts up on them and refit(doesnt always work), also check the wiring to the light gets 12v's, if not them then bulb could be gone,

3/4, check your rear breaks, if yours has discs then could be pads are low or if it has drums then , remove the drum and check the brake shoes, sometimes its just dirt in the drum that causes squeaking.

5. not sure

:D does not know what SAD is

ill look it up in the haynes

gonna have a look at lights , cant even get the wheels off to look at the squeaking but it doesnt do it when its wet (just washed it ) so maybe a clue there ?

cheers pug309twin40s and ok rich will do thanks

Edited by davey205

pug309twin40s

SAD = supplimentary air supply, sits below the dizzy/distributor under the ecu temp sensor water housing, has a hose that connects at the front of it then a hose connects to the back of it, and a 2pin plug on the front,

do a search, im sure theres a pic of it on the forum somewhere

davey205
SAD = supplimentary air supply, sits below the dizzy/distributor under the ecu temp sensor water housing, has a hose that connects at the front of it then a hose connects to the back of it, and a 2pin plug on the front,

do a search, im sure theres a pic of it on the forum somewhere

OK could that be why it idles a bit high when it finally gets going dirty sad? (1700ish till it warms up ) and Ive got the driving lights working i was being a pillock didn't realize they only come on when the headlights are Up (blue main high beam) is that correct they only come on when u got Ur lights up

Edited by davey205

mattbenselin

Yeah ar standard they only come on with main beams. I have re-wired mine to a seperate switch so I have control cause sometimes you may want them on but not with the main beams. Check the SAD, all the associated pipes etc and also the oil breather system for dirty pipes. What does it idle at when warm?

davey205
Yeah ar standard they only come on with main beams. I have re-wired mine to a seperate switch so I have control cause sometimes you may want them on but not with the main beams. Check the SAD, all the associated pipes etc and also the oil breather system for dirty pipes. What does it idle at when warm?

when warm spot on i think 800-900 or so

DrSarty

Idle should be about 850-900rpm.

SAD is Supplementary Air Device, which if not functioning correctly can cause stalling or 'hunting', meaning the engine won't sit at steady revs.

Driving lights (the ones in your front valence) should only come on with main beam. They're not fog/spot lamps.

Edited by DrSarty

davey205
Idle should be about 850-900rpm.

SAD is Supplementary Air Device, which if not functioning correctly can cause stalling or 'hunting', meaning the engine won't sit at steady revs.

Driving lights (the ones in your front valence) should only come on with main beam. They're not fog/spot lamps.

yeah it hunts and stalls but only for first few seconds after about 10 - 20 seconds u can leave it and its steady and fine its nowhere near as bad as my last one that used to cut out for up to 10 minutes after starting

omega

wish you was nearer as i want a towbar