• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Moz_Goodwood

2.0 8v Turbo Engine

Moz_Goodwood

hi all

can some one tell me how much psi a 8v turbo engine can safely take on standard internals with an aftermarket ecu and a gt28 turbo

cheers

paul

bales

365.42bhp!! or 3bar?! :)

Sorry not very helpful but unless someone has blown an engine up trying then its a bit of a hard question to answer as there are so many variables.

As far as I can remember with this topic people usually say that someone has one in germany thats running 350bhp on standard internals but whether that is true or not I don't know.

I would have thought it would be the power limit though not just the amount of boost.

I wouldnt want to start testing it out though to be honest so I wouldn't go off what someone says on a forum and then whack the boost up to that. I would estimate over 300bhp though.

welshpug

you need to be able to control the intake temps sufficiently (and fuelling) to cope with extra boost, they have a large effect on how far you can take them, and just going from what I've read on here, the exhaust manifold becomes restrictive not too far over 200 bhp.

rapidcossie

saw one pack up at 230 ATW.

Rob Turbo

My standard head gasket went between cylinders 2 and 3 with a similar turbo (standard manifold, standard exhaust housing, 60-1 compressor wheel and a/r 80 compressor housing), on megasquirt, with a big intercooler, at 18psi, so to get up to or over 18psi you will need an uprated head gasket of some sort. As for how much the internals can take I can't help, I haven't done any other damage yet!

Sign in to follow this