• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mcrallye

Gti Manifold For 1360?

Guest mcrallye

Hopefully this is a nice easy question.... I've had a search around and couldn't find anything similiar.

Does the gti manifold mate up to a tu engine? If so is there any advantage to fitting one?

Basic idea i've had is if it fits and is of some benefit i would mate it to a 1.1 system and the sports back box i've already got as a sort of budget build if you like. Maybe wrap the system as far as the back box.

Any help much appreciated, i'm a Ford man so i've not much idea about pugs really.

danpug

Hi. No it won't fit. Yours is a TU series engine and the GTi is an XU series. No parts afaik are compatible. I'm not sure you'd really get any extra power from exhaust mods (not notable gains anyway).

Guest mcrallye

Thanks, you confirmed what i thought.

The exhaust and filter make a small difference especially when its wound up! I doubt its giving me any serious bhp gains but makes it a little easier revving and sharper responding. Will invest in a 4 branch eventually.