• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jo's MI16

Drive Shafts 205 ,309

jo's MI16

I was just wondering if it was true that 309gti bottom arms and driveshafts are slightly longer than 205 gti bottom arms and driveshafts.

cheers jo

welshpug

if they were'nt, why the hell do sooo many 205's run 309 wishbones :rolleyes:

jo's MI16

Well im sorry im blonde and female and was just asking. Because there is a possibilty that my pug has standard wishbones and a 309 shaft and i was wondering if this was at all possible.

Cheers jo

Edited by jo's MI16

platty

Yes, you can fit 309 wishbones and driveshafts to a 205. The 309 wishbones are slightly longer which pushes out the bottom of the wheel increasing camber. The 309 driveshafts are slightly longer also, so you can fit these to compensate for you hub being slightly further out than factory. I think they are only 5mm or so longer tho, and people have/do run 205 shafts with 309 wishbones.

jo's MI16

Yes i understand this point but I maybe running a 309 driveshaft with a 205 wishbone is this possible?.

platty

Im sure they are only very slightly longer, so yes I'd say it is possible.

jo's MI16

Oh right. thanks. I was only wondering as my near side is knocking in a straight line and other half has had it apart and can not find anything wrong with it, but its possible that at sometime in the past a 309 shaft was fitted and was wondering if this could cause the problem i have and if anybody else has the same problem.

Cheers jo

welshpug

sounds like a typical worn out CV joint, you wont find much visibly wrong only some play.

jo's MI16

Other half mechanic and knows what to look for. He says a typical worn cv joint will knock on lock which this one doesnt unless its a bout to fall apart. Mine has now been doing this for about 8 months now. I was only wondering if it could be because it was a 309 driveshaft thats all. And i aint being funny.

cheers jo

Edited by jo's MI16