• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flipperthebushkangaroo

What Tyres For A 1.6 Gti

flipperthebushkangaroo

As the title any suggestions for what tyres to get for a 1.6 (on pepper pots)

mainly for normal use but I'm considering a track day later in the year, if i get the gearbox/clutch/ driveshaft sorted ever B)

anyway I'm pretty sure the p6000's that are on it now would not be happy on a track day.

So any suggestions are welcome.

Roddie

Tom Fenton

If I were you I'd be tempted to get another set of wheels, you can then get something like some Yoko A048s for track, and keep your normal tyres for road/wet use.

28CRAIG

Dunlop SP sport fast response is a good choice for a 1.6 but i am not sure what there like on track.

flipperthebushkangaroo
If I were you I'd be tempted to get another set of wheels, you can then get something like some Yoko A048s for track, and keep your normal tyres for road/wet use.

Thanks for the replies.

it just so happens i have a spare set of wheels which i am planning to restore (one day honest guv!!!!!) so that sounds like a plan. Just looked on blackcircles they are about £98 each, is that good bad or indifferent? Also would the medium or soft compound be better? as i have never done a track day i guess i would be ok on medium or am i wrong? can't see me pushing it too hard to start with.

Tom Fenton

A048's were just a suggestion off the top of my head, they are certainly a very good tyre, obviously you'll need to look into what is available and make your own mind up. Anything like A048, Toyo R888, Dunlop Direzza are trackday tyres. As for medium/soft, medium will last longer, and in an otherwise standard car I doubt you would notice the difference in the ultimate grip available from the soft, so I would say medium. Once warm you will be amazed how much grip you have.

welshpug

AO48's in 185 60 are around the £75 mark each.

Ethos

I'm running Eagle F1s on the front (alright 2 not 3) and they are very good. Only £50 a piece too.

Alteran
I'm running Eagle F1s on the front (alright 2 not 3) and they are very good. Only £50 a piece too.

Second that. As well as my 205 I also own an Mr2 Turbo with 280bhp. On the rear I have a set of Goodyear F1's and they are incredible tyres. Full throttle in first gear there is virtually no wheel spin, it just catapults forward! For the price you should definitely consider these. Great in the wet too.

chris-stdt

Eagle F1's are a great tyre ive got 4 on my car and there great and im pretty sure the police put them on their T5's up here so they must be good

Edited by chris-stdt

mr_exe

We had Goodyear F1's on ours and they were excellent, but alas no longer available. Got Dunlop Sport SP01's which seem to do the job.

Ethos
We had Goodyear F1's on ours and they were excellent, but alas no longer available. Got Dunlop Sport SP01's which seem to do the job.

They do:

Eagle F1 - MyTyres

mr_exe
They do:

Eagle F1 - MyTyres

And when you order them, they are out of stock, with no further delivery expected. Only know that because because I tried to order a pair.

Ethos
And when you order them, they are out of stock, with no further delivery expected. Only know that because because I tried to order a pair.

I ordered a pair and got them fine?

Just email before you order to check stock :unsure: