• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dave_gti

Suspension Setup

dave_gti

Just after some advice, mot booked for today so hopefully the pug will be back on the road this evening after sitting doing nothing for months while i saved up some money for some summer fun with it.

I got fed up with it after spending too much on the car, so its going back to DES soon to get the problems sorted, meanwhile, i want to improve the suspension. I decided on getting the cornering improved as opposed to more engine work. Its currently running -30mm Spax VSX Shocks & Springs, 309 gti front wishbones and std rears.

The car seems to be ok, but the rear seems lazy, and the front doesn't seem much better than std, just a LOT harder.

After spending most of the morning scanning through the threads on here, ive decided on a 309 gti rear beam but im confused with what to do with the front and rear shocks, and arbs.

The car will be used for b-road blasting and the odd track day hopefully.

I hope ill get a reply B)

Rupertfinch

Are DES still operating? There's been a thread or 2 here that suggest they've called it a day.

Mark

number2301

A search would bring up loads of options with the main ones being; Bilstein Group N dampers with Eibach pro springs which will cost something like £500 and can be bought from Miles or GAZ adjustables/coilovers for about £300 from ebay.

I've got the first option on mine as I wasn't bothered about adjustability and thought they must be better with the price you're paying. It's a very nice set up although I've nothing to compare it to, but very stiff and quite uncomfortable on the road. It rattles over thick white lines on the road.

dave_gti

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. The car flew through its mot :lol:.

I tried to contact DES Developments without any joy, so i think you are right, any idea why they closed down?.

Ive been in contact with Shenpar now, Nick seems very helpful and honest, and im tempted with throttle bodies, but im going to look into cost and gains before i make my mind up.

I can see this being a expensive year for the 205 :P