• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
robi1000

Tu24 Liners

robi1000

I'm in a process of rebuilding euro spec Rallye engine. More specific it's from AX Sport (BE should be the same). When I stripped the engine I've found out that one of the liners was cracked. I need to know if any other engine has the same liners? I know for sure that 1.4 liners (from my AX GT) are not the same, because they are longer. Are 1.1 liners the same?

Tnx for the help guys!

Robi

EDIT: I've found out that 1.1 liners have smaller bore? Are 1.3 liners unique?

Edited by robi1000

Sandy

They are yes, but it would be feasible to bore the 1.1 liners to 75mm to suit the TU24.

robi1000

In order to bore 1.1 liner, would I have to sacrifice one head (to make a hole in it and rebore the liner under compression)?

EDIT: Is liner wall thick enough? I don't want it to crack or warp. Because as far as I know people advise not to bore 1.4 liners from 75mm to 76mm. IIRC 1.1 liners have 72 bore so that would mean boring it for 3mm!?! Are 1.1 liners that much thicker?

Edited by robi1000

robi1000

Also I have tu3s liner at home, could I mill that down on both sides? Because that already has 75mm bore?

Sandy

They are much thicker. Reducing the liner height precisely isn't going to be as easy as it seems!

christopher

depending on your budget, you can still get new liner/piston sets from peugeot & aftermarket.

I know at least AE did them a while back

robi1000

I did some research and I can only get new piston/liner set from either peugeot or AE (around 200€/cylinder). Well, luckily I pulled some strings B) and new tu24 liner magically appeared. :lol: So that is sorted.

I will make a new topic where I'll post some pictures of my rebuild and maybe ask some questions.