• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

Rear Beam Elements

Para

Hi guys, I need your help.

I'm in the middle of refurbishing rear beam, and I found something worrying :/ My english is not very good , especially the technical language so please be patient :) :/

What can be done with this ?

What should I replace it ? What's the name of it ? Can i took that apart or should I get the whole "yoke" .

post-11365-1236953049_thumb.jpg

Anthony

That's the trailing arm shaft, and as per the shaft in your picture, they tend to corrode when they fail. That shaft will need to be replaced prior to reassembling the beam. Peugeot sell the shafts seperately although they're quite expensive (about £85), otherwise GSF sometimes have them available (about £40-45) or you can use the one from another rear beam if it's good.

The shaft just presses in and out, requiring about 6 tonnes of force in my experience.

Hope that helps.

Para

Thanks Anthony, That mean that I can buy only that corroded tube, metal piece ?

welshpug

Thats all you need to buy, the trailing arm as well would cost about £200 IIRC!

check the condition of the Crossmember tube where the bearings sit before you go any further though, damage there would neccesitate a donor beam which may have usable trailing arm shafts if youre lucky :)

Tom Fenton

GSF details-

T42604 REAR ARM 205 REAR X MEMBER INNER TUBE 46.55

Para

Tom I live in Ireland , I've rang GSF and they told me they don't have it :/ They don't know what they talking about or branch in Ireland might be "different" ?

205freak

WWW.lionparts.de it´s a german site with a few things for Peugeot, for ex: i´ve asked of a quote for a kit plus the 2 shafts for a complete rebuilt plus postage to Portugal it costs 155 euros!!! Just for the to shats it´s 98 euros, take a look at the site.

miamichris

Para, that ebay link is a link to Miles' shop Pugracing, he's on here.

Get in touch with him (email or PM) and he will sort you out with all the beam parts you need, I live and Belfast and he posted them all over to me, very helpful fella. You get a discount for being on the forum too :)

Para

Thanks , i was buying from him already , he is a great help but this time he was out of stock with those shafts. I've order one already from someone else. I should have it by tuesday here, and now it comes the tricky part B) I need some force to pressed the old out, hopefully I will be able to do this in local engineer.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by Para

miamichris

yeah I just went to a local engineering place and got the new shafts pressed in and new wheel bearings done while I was at it :D