• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gwpug

Strange Wiring?!

gwpug

Hello all im currently trying to fix my horn for MOT tomorrow and iv found out that the wire supplying live to the stalk for the horn has no power!!! the wire is numbered 23 and grey! But this wire has no continuity to fuse 8 where it is suposed to have power from according to my wiring diagram.

Also the plug which goes to fuse box with this wire also another grey wire atached at the same place on the plug where does this go?

i also have continuity with the grey wire at a blue multi plug hanging above the fuse box (also a Grey wire) does anyone know where this goes???

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

AndyJ

Looking at my handy-dandy fusebox diagram, on mine the other wire that goes to the same pin as 23 (on the yellow 3 pin connector) is 34, but a cursory glance over the wiring diagrams doesnt reveal what its for.

As for no power at the stalk, check you're getting power on the fusebox pin, and that just the wire itself has continuity. If the wire is broken, looks like you have a fun evening ahead of you pulling a new wire through :excl: (which isnt actually that hard)

AndyJ

Aha wire 34 is for the cigarette lighter, apparently.

gwpug
Aha wire 34 is for the cigarette lighter, apparently.

Thanks for the assistance i managed to repair the wiring to get my horn working just in time for MOT!!!

Tested continuity from fuse 8 to grey wire on yellow plug nothing!!! but i found 2 wires had been bodged onto the gry wire on the blue multi plug for an alarm!

Maybe to much draw from that fuse blew the printed circuit on the fuseboard??!!

Anyway i ran an inline fuse holder from the live pin at fuse 8 to grey wire on the yellow plug and all is workin!!!! I now have my horn< heated rear screen and fag lighter back yey!!!!!

Now i can honk at saxos to get out of the way :wub: