• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ifcho

Dimensions Of 309 Wishbones

ArthurH
12 hours ago, welshpug said:

I'm far from an expert, but what I gather it does do is change the arc of the wishbone as the radius is different front to rear relative to the outer point, therefore the outer pivot moves backwards  or forwards as well as up and down.

This is partly why the original  rubber bushes  work better than a polyurethane bush, as well as the fact that theres usually far less flexible material in the original bushes due to the outer sleeve AND an intermediate tube.

That does make some sense, although I find it very painful from a 'mechanical sympathy' PoV:(  It feels very low tech but I guess much cheaper than a system that would do it correctly

ArthurH

I know this thread started as wishbones, but a couple of the comments above have mentioned driveshaft lengths - they would seem very 'related'.

On 6/9/2022 at 1:32 PM, Anthony said:

That's no certainty I'm afraid, at least not from my experience - plenty of recon/exchange driveshafts that are wrong out of the box unfortunately.

Certainly that was a big issue a few years back when everyone wanted 309 wishbones and driveshafts for their 205's, and almost certainly not helped by the number of people that admitted to returning 205 or other non-309 'shafts back in exchange...

Does anyone know the correct/original length of both driveshaft versions (205 & 309)?  If the 309 wishbone is 11mm longer, would it not follow that the driveshaft should be as well?

Does the 309 require the same endfloat as the 205 (10-16mm)?

Anthony
On 7/29/2022 at 4:51 PM, ArthurH said:

Does anyone know the correct/original length of both driveshaft versions (205 & 309)?  If the 309 wishbone is 11mm longer, would it not follow that the driveshaft should be as well?

The figures that I have are as follows, with 10mm difference between an equivalent 205 and 309 driveshaft:

RH - 840mm (205) and 850mm (309)

LH - 600mm (205) and 610mm (309)

• Like 1

ArthurH

Thanks Anthony, exactly what I was after :mellow:

kyepan

If I have a set of 36cm wishbones, that have the casting with the two raised ribs, are they 205 or 309… I’m a bit confused, the ones on the car have no casting ribs the ones off the car do, both same length 

IMG_5825.jpeg