• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ludi

Who Is Best Induction Kit For 205 Gti 1.9

Ludi

What do you think about K&N induction kit.Is there any else who is better or....

Just want some opinions.

Thanks in advance

Viktor

welshpug

on a standard engine, in my opinion, standard is best.

Ludi
on a standard engine, in my opinion, standard is best.

Yes everything is standard,I was thinking if it going to be faster than "normal",not only sound better,actually I don`t want to make noise only to go faster without tuning the engine.Just some little changes.

Thanks for the opinion.

Best Regards

Viktor

jeremy

A K&N induction kit imo is not worth the £60/£70 they cost new, unless it is part of an overall program to increase the performance of your car. I have had both set ups (original and K&N) and I did not really notice any difference at all (performance wise). Also car manufacturers spend thousands to get their cars engine running right so pretty much get it spot on. If it was me then I would just replace with another standard filter and use the money left over to put towards other servicable items.

DrSarty

Totally agree with what's been said. IMO, on a standard engine it's a complete waste of money.

There could be some (but minimal) benefit to any (aftermarket or standard) airbox/induction set-up by shielding the inlet from hot/warm air.

This measure alone, or in addition to providing a cold/high pressure feed will perhaps make your engine slightly more efficient. Will it release horsepower? Arguably not enough to notice, but perhaps fuel economy and throttle response might be improved.

Edited by DrSarty

Ludi

Thanks guys,I`m so thankfull for your opinions,you really help me about this. :blink:

Batfink

You know what... i'm going to buck the trend

I can't say I noticed any difference in power when I fitted a K&N, maybe a bit better throttle response but that could easily have been in my head or due to a dirty paper filter.

What I did gain was a small growl of the induction which added to my grin factor.

I'll be fitting a green induction kit to my 1.6 as I have a incomplete kit sitting on a shelf at work I can write off and nab. At the end of the day +/- 1 or 2 bhp is bugger all and I can't be arsed to worry about that on a road car.

Kev

maturin23

I'm on the fence on this one - I don't think it makes any perceptible impact on performance, but it does sound 'better' (and let's be honest, 90% of 205 GTIs are 'fun' cars) - but the biggest bonus for me was that it makes the engine a little easier to work on, that and having a nice strut brace to lean on. :blink:

If you can get one cheap then I'd say do it. If you're looking at paying a 'new' price then don't bother.

Keep the stock filter setup though just in case you want to sell the car.

aCe
Also car manufacturers spend thousands to get their cars engine running right so pretty much get it spot on. If it was me then I would just replace with another standard filter and use the money left over to put towards other servicable items.

They actually spend thousands getting it to with EU regulations which = restricting it!

Though gains from an air filter are minimal they make it breathe better if they are fed the cold air. A standar 205 box above the manifold is just heat soaking (probably to reduce Nox gasses)

GLPoomobile
They actually spend thousands getting it to with EU regulations which = restricting it!

Though gains from an air filter are minimal they make it breathe better if they are fed the cold air. A standar 205 box above the manifold is just heat soaking (probably to reduce Nox gasses)

In a 205, having the airbox where it is, is also largely due to packaging. There's not really any other space in the engine bay where they could have put an airbox and still had a decent inlet tract.

For me, I favour an induction kit as it makes maintenance simpler (i.e. getting at the dizzy cap etc). But rather than pay out £70 on a kit I'd just DIY it as per the guide on the main Drivers website and use a universal (£20-£30) cone filter.

At least the standard set up has a decent cold air feed though, with something vaguely bordering on a ramair effect. If I was keeping the standard setup I'd try and minimise heatsoak to the airbox though.

omega

fitting a k@ n in the standard air box will be cheaper in the long run ,might give you a extra bhp and sound a bit crisper and if you sell the car its easy to but back to standard and you can sell the k@N

timmsy19

imho a K&N is worthless unless it runs a heatshield anyway (on a standard engine)

It soaks up more hot air than a standard intake and actually losses power. For the small effect on noise i wouldnt bother.

IF on the other hand you decided to fit a BMC or a Pipercross sealed kit then you might... just might gain a couple of horses but then again they wont easily fit in the engine bay without losing space.

Although on the other hand because i run an Mi i dont have much choice.

like said before if its responsiveness you want then get a K&N panel filter and try and deal with the heat soak on the orignal air box

Miles

I'm with GL, the main benifit of the kit's is you can get to everything without taking parts of it off, Other than that there's no real differance between the 2