• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jamal

Xu10j2te Speed Sensor

Jamal

Hi Guys!

I've started the 8v turbo conversation(i think this is the first in Hungary), and I just met with the first problem/question.

The engine came off a 96 Xantia. It has an electric speed sensor, that send impulses to the ECU on the leg no 9.

The Xantia is used this sensor to operate the speedo, it was not equipped with a trip computer.

The big question is, do i need this sensor to operate the engine perfectly, or is it for the electric speedo and the trip computer only.

If I have to use, can I replace with a calssic speedo cable+electric sensor combo unit from a 306?

Thanks, and sorry for my english...

Cheers!

Jamal form Hungary

Mikey S
Hi Guys!

I've started the 8v turbo conversation(i think this is the first in Hungary), and I just met with the first problem/question.

The engine came off a 96 Xantia. It has an electric speed sensor, that send impulses to the ECU on the leg no 9.

The Xantia is used this sensor to operate the speedo, it was not equipped with a trip computer.

The big question is, do i need this sensor to operate the engine perfectly, or is it for the electric speedo and the trip computer only.

If I have to use, can I replace with a calssic speedo cable+electric sensor combo unit from a 306?

Thanks, and sorry for my english...

Cheers!

Jamal form Hungary

hi jamel.

yes, you will need to use the speed sensor on your conversion. the ecu needs to know when the vehicle is stationary so it can go into idle mode. if the ecu cant see the speed sensor, it can lead to stalling when approaching a junction for example, and poor emmisions. you can use the 2 part sensors though, speedo cable for the 205 clocks and the speed sensor part for the ecu.

hth

mike

Jamal
hi jamel.

yes, you will need to use the speed sensor on your conversion. the ecu needs to know when the vehicle is stationary so it can go into idle mode. if the ecu cant see the speed sensor, it can lead to stalling when approaching a junction for example, and poor emmisions. you can use the 2 part sensors though, speedo cable for the 205 clocks and the speed sensor part for the ecu.

hth

mike

Hi mike!

Thanks for the very fast answer! So i can use the 306 combo sensor without any trouble? Is it sending the same signals as the Xantia sensor?

Thank you again!

Mikey S
Hi mike!

Thanks for the very fast answer! So i can use the 306 combo sensor without any trouble? Is it sending the same signals as the Xantia sensor?

Thank you again!

im 99.9% sure you can, but it maybe worth checking the pins on the 306 sensor and cross refer them to the pins on the xantia sensor by using a haynes wiring diagram just to be sure.

Jamal
im 99.9% sure you can, but it maybe worth checking the pins on the 306 sensor and cross refer them to the pins on the xantia sensor by using a haynes wiring diagram just to be sure.

Ok i will figure it out, but i have the possibility to measure the signals of the sensors too with an Oscilloscope(uhh i hope this is the corret name in english) this will bring the question to 100% :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this