• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

Rear Strip Is It Painted Behind There?

davey205

if i was to remove the rear strip where it says peugeot 205 gti is it all nicely painted behind there ? just thought id ask but not holding my breath

Last Legend

If you mean the lovered part on the tailgate? yes it is ,the fixings are almost underneath 'peugeot' and '205' (I Think) and are raised 'knobs' that the panel sort of slides on.

If you mean the panels on the side incorperating the trim on the fuel filler cap? they all are painted BUT the trims fixings snap off if you do a totaly stupid thing like take them off to clean behind them ( I used to do Concours with my car ) siker flex was the only thing that worked in the end.

Rom

Assuming you mean on the boot. They should be painted behind. I didnt take mine off, but saw it at the bodyshop, and it looks like the clips are under the badges. So think they need to come off first.

The clips are a slide type, theres little pegs if you like, attached to the boot, the clips slide over and lock in place.

If you wanted to leave it off, youd need to grind the pegs off and have it painted. Or live with them :blush:

bondo

I seem to have a broken clip on mine in the middle at the top so there is a gap (which is annoying me). How do I remove the louvred plastic panel to replace the clip without breaking the panel?

It doesn't seem obvious.

Edited by bondo