• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

Slightly Flickery Lights

davey205

the whole car (not noticeable on the headlights) but number plate lights, interior dial lights etc and the courtesy light seem to flicker when engine is ticking over do they all do this ? its not bad only just noticeable

Rom

No its not normal.

Check the voltage the alternator is putting out. And earth points. There the first port of calls.

Big stereo systems can cause similar, but its normally the headlights which are noticable first.

pugdamo

I would say the rectifier pack is on the way out on the alternator. I get it checked before it goes and you get stuck,it happened on my girlfriends XS,i kept saying yeah yeah ill do it,then i got a phone call saying "IVE BROKE DOWN", oops,im in trouble :ph34r:

bouver

i had a similar problem, it turned out to be the main earh from the battery.

lemmingzappa

I had the same issue with my XR2, I think it was definately an alternator problem but I never ended up breaking down.

davey205
I had the same issue with my XR2, I think it was definately an alternator problem but I never ended up breaking down.

i think it was that engine wash that buggered it because its not doing it now i dont think man im never ever cleaning an engine again :blush: