• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marksorrento205

Std Beam Bushes

marksorrento205

After searching all I can seam to find on beam mounting bushes are for the solid grp a type. Im rebuilding a beam at the mo and I want to replace the front beam mounting bushes. Pug list two types one with a white line, pt no 513174 and one without a white line, pt no 513143. First question where is the white line? and the next, are they interchangeable? The reason being one is £9 and the other £20 odd quid. This beam is a 1992 beam if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

welshpug

I remember asking my parts man, he said one bush was stiffer than the other, which was which I can't remember, but I'd imagine it would be the more expensive of the 2 options.

Edited by welshpug

Rob Thomson

Hmmm... I wasn't aware that there were different types. Must've cleverly over-looked that when I bought mine from Pug last year.

Have you worked out how you're going to fit them? They need pressing in, which ain't going to be easy given the size and awkwardness of the beam tube. I scratched my head for a bit and then bought some Gp.As instead, much easier just to smack them into place with a rubber mallet!

If you're interested I've got a couple of sets of brand new standard bushes because my local Pug dealer didn't realise they came in bags of two... I couldn't say which type they are without looking at home, but I'd happily lob a set in the post FOC.

Cheers, Rob.

marksorrento205
Hmmm... I wasn't aware that there were different types. Must've cleverly over-looked that when I bought mine from Pug last year.

Have you worked out how you're going to fit them? They need pressing in, which ain't going to be easy given the size and awkwardness of the beam tube. I scratched my head for a bit and then bought some Gp.As instead, much easier just to smack them into place with a rubber mallet!

If you're interested I've got a couple of sets of brand new standard bushes because my local Pug dealer didn't realise they came in bags of two... I couldn't say which type they are without looking at home, but I'd happily lob a set in the post FOC.

Cheers, Rob.

:ph34r:

Rob as long as they are gen pug std items I will have them off you, but I will sort you out some beer tokens at least!! Do you have enough to do one beam? Ie 4 halfs? I have just pressed the old ones out so I will come up with someway of fitting them :)

Welshpug cheers for that bit of info. I reckon you are right the dearer one being stiffer. I would also guess that maybe the gti's where fitted with the stiffer ones over the non gti's having the softer one - or am I just thinking s*it?

stutto

I fitted 513174, pretty sure the dealer said that these are the stiffer of the two. They were £8.29 each, about a year ago.

allanallen

just a note for when you fit standard bushes. Make sure you position the little cutout in the bush in the correct position....like i didn't the first time i did one

stutto
Have you worked out how you're going to fit them? They need pressing in, which ain't going to be easy given the size and awkwardness of the beam tube.

Some studding, a couple of nuts and a few large sockets will do the job.

bouver

I have used a large vice to press them in before. If you can get them started then use a hammer.

The stiffer bushes tend to be used on vans and such, to cope with the increased weight.

marksorrento205

Im lucky enough to have a press so they wont be an issue. Cut out facing down? For info what is the importance of this?

Rob Thomson
Rob as long as they are gen pug std items I will have them off you, but I will sort you out some beer tokens at least!! Do you have enough to do one beam? Ie 4 halfs? I have just pressed the old ones out so I will come up with someway of fitting them :blush:

Yep, genuine Pug and I've got a total of eight halves. All brand new, still in their bags.

PM me your address and I'll get four on their way to you ASAP.

CosKev

No need for a press to fit these :rolleyes:

Just give the beam a good clean with emery cloth etc and they knock in easily :rolleyes: