• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Quite Serer Brake Judder

M_R_205

Im busy trying to get the gti on the road and when i took it out today for a drive up and downt the cul-de-sac it hasa worrying amont of pedal travel and brake judder, im GUESSing its due to the disc being rather rusty, although it could be the pads not bedded into the discs (the pads were used on a different car before mine)

it had new TRE and wishbones fitted(309) and i cant feel any play on any other components, the callipers are tight.. is there anything i have missed or am i on the right lines?

Any ideas or suggestions appriciated

Paul.

swordfish210

Just use them a bit more and see if the problem persists after the discs are clean.

Rom

Pedal travel shouldnt be affected by disc condition. Only by air in the system, leaks, pistons pushed back after pad change etc.

Rusty disc will be noisy, but you shouldnt have any judder. Drive it sensibly for a bit, see if its still there nce the disc have cleaned up a bit. But genrally, judder is from warped discs. But not normally noticable at low speeds. Its usually higher speed braking its felt.

How longs it been sat ? When was the fluid last changed ?

M_R_205

Changd the fluid about 6 weeks ago, i cleand the outside of the disc up best i could with a wire brush but couldnt do the back as the little securing screw was seized on..

The judder is only noticable over say 15-20mph

Paul.

dirtdog

If your discs are warped bad enough they will knock everytime the wheel rotates :ph34r:

I developed another judder on the rear passenger corner, which I belive is a buckled wheel(although I haven't had the time to actually prove it yet)

stutto

Are all of the slide pins moving freely?

M_R_205

I managed to get this sorted today, it seems that the lip caused by the disc wear was causing it, i ground it off and the car seems fine now :rolleyes: cheers for the advice guys.