• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
buster205

1.9 Gti Sump Gasket Renewal

buster205

hi all

going to renew sump gasket tomorrow, does spacer plate come away with sump ? should i fit gasket dry or use sealant ?

cheers

Ste

boombang

Sealant on the top side of the spacer and supposed to use gasket underneath between spacer and sump.

I always use sealant on both, so long as you go round all the holes the right side no reason why it should leak. Certainly I've never had any issues (Wurth RTV sealant FTW!)

Edited by boombang

buster205
Sealant on the top side of the spacer and supposed to use gasket underneath between spacer and sump.

I always use sealant on both, so long as you go round all the holes the right side no reason why it should leak. Certainly I've never had any issues (Wurth RTV sealant FTW!)

cheers mate, i'm picking new gasket up tomorrow i'll ask for the sealant you recommend !

Ste

Goliath

I use the squirty sealant you get from halfords for the spacer but use a gasket for the sump.

Sign in to follow this