• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dayve

405 Leathers Into A Cj?

Dayve

Hi Guys,

I'm picking up a set of 405 leathers for my CJ on saturday!

I just wondered if anyone had fitted any before?

The fronts have had the subframes done, so should go straight in, however i'm not sure about the rears?

What sort of modification will it take do you reckon?

Any help would be awesome!

Cheers

Baz

Rears are very different, for the fronts around 50mm plates akin to fitting goodwood/mi16 seats would be needed if not already (Do a search).

Dayve

hi matey, i did a search, learn't a lot about the subframes, which i think should be fine...here are the seats i'm going to buy attached to a 205 already!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/taffytim/Drivers.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/taffytim/Drivers4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/taffytim/Drivers5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/taffytim/Subframe.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/taf...m/Subframe2.jpg

How do those subframes look to you?

The fronts seem to be fine! then here are the rears...look like they should fit a cj?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/taffytim/Rears4.jpg

I think i'll have some trouble getting those in though!

cheers BAZ!

steve@cornwall

Those rears ain't 405 :) $052 are 1 piece with centre armrest, no metal framework and MUCH too long for a 205. They look more like goodwood rears.

You will need to take the metal frame from the rear upright seats and replace the 309(?) ones with them. You also need the mounting brackets for the lower rears from the CJ to fit the reinforced member of the convertible.

Leather in a convertible, though? prepare to get your ass branded on a hot day B)

omega

i thought rear seats in a convertible where diffrent to a standard 205[but i could be wrong]

steve@cornwall
i thought rear seats in a convertible where diffrent to a standard 205[but i could be wrong]

They are, but only in the inner matalwork and the top outer corners which, on the convertibles don't have the overhang of the saloon - but that doesn't stop them fitting, just means you have to squash them a bit when closing them up. B)

Dayve

haha cheers for all the responses guys! I have the standard seats still, so between those and the leathers, i can technically sort out the back then!

What do you reckon of the seats? I think they are pretty nice!

I know the whole leather idea in a convertible isn't brilliant! But realistically, we only get a handful of brilliant convertible days! I might have to wear tights haha! :rolleyes:

I have just wanted leathers in a car for ages!

Should be a nice treat!

Cheers

omega
haha cheers for all the responses guys! I have the standard seats still, so between those and the leathers, i can technically sort out the back then!

What do you reckon of the seats? I think they are pretty nice!

I know the whole leather idea in a convertible isn't brilliant! But realistically, we only get a handful of brilliant convertible days! I might have to wear tights haha! :rolleyes:

I have just wanted leathers in a car for ages!

Should be a nice treat!

Cheers

its your car so as long as it suits you that is all that matters,i like leather as its easy to clean,but they are heavy cold in winter and hot in summer......enjoy

Dayve

yea i thought about the weight factor! Will it really affect the handling or speed much? or is it going to be un-noticable! It's only a 1.4, so i'm not hugely fussed about weather!

The nice clean feel and leather feel should be enough to make up for it!

steve@cornwall

Only real difference is the amount you slide about in them while cornering! I fitted them in an old CTi - briefly :rolleyes: then into my red one, before finally selling them off in my laser green.

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

bouver

the seats look great. looks like a passable conversion. Well done.

Dayve

Seats are in! I'll get some pictures up soon! Fronts fit lovely, had to wield one of them as the bar underneath the "pull to slide" bar had rusted! NO problems! Fronts are in and comfy/nice!

They also have a heated seat option in the form of some connector! What is the best way to link this into the electronics?

Next up, getting those back seats in! Might be a pain, but worth it!

omega
Seats are in! I'll get some pictures up soon! Fronts fit lovely, had to wield one of them as the bar underneath the "pull to slide" bar had rusted! NO problems! Fronts are in and comfy/nice!

They also have a heated seat option in the form of some connector! What is the best way to link this into the electronics?

Next up, getting those back seats in! Might be a pain, but worth it!

with the heated seats just wire it up to a normal switch,or you could wire to the rear window switch so they come on when you but this on

thought it might have been better to fit the rears first as you have more room to move with the front seats out.......or did you just have to take it out to see what it felt like

Dayve

ah nice once! I've got some spare button positions next to my hazards (an option the original owner obviously couldn't afford haha!) so i could source a button from a scrappy and fit it there maybe! THat owuld look original still!

Yea it probably would be easier, but i was a bit too excited and wanted that leathery feel haha! I'll have to squeeze around! There aren't many bolts for the rears, so should be fairly simple! Who knows!

Cheers for the advice!

steve@cornwall
ah nice once! I've got some spare button positions next to my hazards (an option the original owner obviously couldn't afford haha!) so i could source a button from a scrappy and fit it there maybe! THat owuld look original still!

Yea it probably would be easier, but i was a bit too excited and wanted that leathery feel haha! I'll have to squeeze around! There aren't many bolts for the rears, so should be fairly simple! Who knows!

Cheers for the advice!

There's a space because you don't have a heated rear window :lol:

omega
There's a space because you don't have a heated rear window :lol:

ah sorry didnt know that not had a convertable[yet but im thinking about it trying to work out wether to go gti or cj]

Dayve
ah sorry didnt know that not had a convertable[yet but im thinking about it trying to work out wether to go gti or cj]

Well i've got the CJ, i guess you've got a GTI at the moment! The CTI is the GTI convertible and yea it is quick, but really with a convertible you really aren't driving for the speed, its more of a cruise! Thats not to say the CJ can't hold its own on the road. Its surprisingly quick and handles beautifully!

So i reckon, save your pennies on the car and insurance, grab a CJ, stick some 1.6 alloys on it! Then hey presto! I've still got my black steels on mine, think they look wicked!

omega
Well i've got the CJ, i guess you've got a GTI at the moment! The CTI is the GTI convertible and yea it is quick, but really with a convertible you really aren't driving for the speed, its more of a cruise! Thats not to say the CJ can't hold its own on the road. Its surprisingly quick and handles beautifully!

So i reckon, save your pennies on the car and insurance, grab a CJ, stick some 1.6 alloys on it! Then hey presto! I've still got my black steels on mine, think they look wicked!

yes ive got a gti and i agree that a convertable is not a speed car and im thinking more cj

[got a spare set of alloys as well]

but a gti looks better and is nicer inside

DaveW

No way i would'nt do it! it was bad enough last year with black cloth seats in the cj let alone with black hot leather :S

Dayve

Oh no it's too late! They are in!

Looks like my legs are going to take a beating! But at least they are heated, so my winter drives will be lovely and warm!

peaks and troughs!