• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
unariciflocos

Carbed Mi16 Megajolt Maps

unariciflocos

I've just completed my bike carbed Mi16 running Megajolt ignition controller and I was wondering if someone could share the maps they are running. I can't do a rolling road session because the closest one is 450 km away and I doubt there are qualified people that can properly tune a programmable ignition system in Romania.

I want to run two maps, one for fuel economy and another for the track. So, would anyone be willing to share their maps here?

unariciflocos

I see that no one is willing to share their maps. I am willing to pay for a proper map for an engine of similar spec to mine if that changes anything.

I'm going to have to map the ignition myself because I wouldn't trust any of the retarded mechanics here to swap my windscreen wipers without messing something up or doing a mess of a job. Could anyone give me a few pointers on how to map it? I was thinking of advancing the ignition through the rev range and check for detonation, where this occurs, retard the ignition by 2 degrees maybe. Suggestions?

welshpug

not many people out there are running Megajolt, and you have only waited 5 days for a reply!

have you got hold of a base map or some figures to start from?

IIRC PeterT posted some basic figures you could start with and some pointers.

I don't think you need a different ignition map for road or track, unless you are using different fuel, the demands of the engine would be identical.

unariciflocos

I've got the basemap petert posted. The ignition map is the same regardless of the ignition controller, so it doesn't have to be in Megajolt format.

With higher ron fuel I can advance the ignition more, but i would like to be able to run 95 ron fuel also. This would be one of the reasons for running two maps. I don't know if the optimum power ignition curve will give the best fuel economy. Could anyone explain this?

Thanks

Stu

Im more than prepared to share my map, but i havent got one yet! :wacko:

Once i do ill upload. Failing that, im sure there were some Emerald ones on here you could fiddle with.

ORB

Any update boys? I am getting near the stage of having to put in a Map and I would rather cheat and use one of yours!

iamjackiechan

on the autosport labs website there are a few maps that you can download.

also im pretty sure that people have posted up a few maps on my previous megajolt posts

will