• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ricky1.9

Mi16 Conversion - Need Help With Pipe Work & Throttle Cable

ricky1.9

Guys/Girls,

I have recently installed an 1.9 Mi16 into a 205. It is running but not very well - but think this is down to air leak on pipe between AFM and Throttle body.

What I am struggling with is all pipe work. I have found some drawings from previous post but I thnk that these are not the complet picture.

If anyone know where i can find more drawings or any technical manuals could they please point me at them?

I have attached the drawings i have been trying to work from.

a couple of things that I could really do with being clarified PLEASE

1 - on the Throttle body there are 3x outlets - 1 T's off to the oil filler neck, where do the other 2 come from/go to?

2 - Coolant hoses - I do not have coolant running to oil cooler therefore have header tank direct to Thermostat, Correct?

Also if anyone has any pics of how they fitted/altered the throttle cable that would be great.

Sorry but I expect that these topics have been covered many of times but I can't find what I need.

thanks

post-4858-1236203863_thumb.jpg

post-4858-1236203978_thumb.gif

Cloverleaf

Re. the throttle body...

inlet_pipes.jpg

2 - goes to the oil filler neck

3/4 - they are to circulate the coolant through to heat the throttle body - i choose not to connect these

Coolant hose wise...I'm not entirely sure what you mean...maybe my pip will be some help

19102008013.jpg

ricky1.9

perfect, thanks Cloverleaf. That is exactly what i was looking for RE throttle body.

RE Coolant pipe - in my pic of coolant hoses it shows one coming from the header tank to the oil cooler then a return form oil cooler to thermoatat. But on my engine I have run it straight from the header tank to the thermostat. - don't see this an issue though.

The throttle cable - the fixing on the manifold is that your doing as I don't remember seeing that fixing hole there?

Do you have any issues with mounting it there? ie open full throttle ok?

cheers

Cloverleaf

The throttle cable is fitted to a bracket that was already on the engine, it's very similar to the other brackets that I've seen which take the throttle the other way around the engine. The throttle cable is a mountain bike brake cable ~ £3 from halfords! Just used a carb type pin with washer and split pin to connect it to the pedal and slightly file out the hole on the throttle body. I also need to make a stop for my throttle pedal - works absolutly fine tho.

Think the coolant routing should be OK as you've just missed out the cooler.

Sign in to follow this