• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hispetdog

Mats

hispetdog

what did the original factory mats for the 205 gti look like? did they do carpet, rubber or both?

Super Josh

both

hispetdog
both

can you buy these?

hispetdog

where can I buy a set of good fitted mats? can anyone recommend somewhere?

richsmells

I'm interested in some new ones too. I still have the originals in mine! :ph34r:

The front ones are dark grey carpet with a stitched red gti logo in the bottom left corner.

hispetdog
I'm interested in some new ones too. I still have the originals in mine! :ph34r:

The front ones are dark grey carpet with a stitched red gti logo in the bottom left corner.

A set just like the originals would be great! There is a set on autofive but I don't know if they are right!??

richsmells

Mine don't have the red piping round the edge.

AndyJ

Are the autofive ones original peugeot items? ie do they have the GTI logo stitched in? ive been idly looking out for some new green ones as mine are a bit tatty these days, but want to keep it original.

Richie

No the autofive ones arn't original peugeot items. They do look very nice though, i had a set in my last 205.

richsmells

I don't like the red piping. Does anyone know of any with a simple black edge and a stitched Gti logo?

AndyJ
I don't like the red piping. Does anyone know of any with a simple black edge and a stitched Gti logo?

I'd just get my mum to stitch some new piping on them :ph34r:

hispetdog

Can someone post a pic of the original mats??

I would use the search more but i'd like to advetise my 1.9 gti because im breaking it and I need 30 posts!! lol :ph34r:

richsmells
At least someone made the effort to search B) It's not as if this hasn't been covered a hundred times!

I did, and the thread linked above came up. But... the Autofive mats all have the red piping, which I don't like, and are different to my original ones. Hence the above question re: black piping. :)

Edited by richsmells

stufarri
I did, and the thread linked above came up. But... the Autofive mats all have the red piping, which I don't like, and are different to my original ones. Hence the above question re: black piping. :rolleyes:

There are some great ones in the link - I searched for on Ebay France - that look standard-ish

Stu