• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Doof

Would You Trust Your Life To This

Doof

I hate playing with brakes at the best of time but now i've got a more grunty engine i definitely want the stoppers to be working 100%.

So on goes a new master cylinder to reduce the travel of the brake pedal, only when i connect it up do i start worrying about the springy sound it makes. now i appreciate that there's a spring inside the cylinder to push the piston back out, but my other brand new one doesn't make any such noise.

Perhaps it'd be better with fluid in but i'm concerned that the other brand new one is fine.

Anyone got any experience of springy sounds...have a listen to the sound in the video below:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v699/doof205/Engine

Thanks for any help.

Lewis

A2TheA

your link doesnt work mate :)

pug309twin40s

link comes up page not found..

Rob Turbo

I think this is what he was aiming for

Clicky

Doof

Cheers Rob, should have checked the link. I'm sure i'm worrying about nothing and some fluid in the cylinder will sort it but i just wondered if people had much experience with master cylinders.

Veero

Was that the spare 406 MC I had? If it is the spare one, then the one I fitted to my car made exactly the same noise when fitted. I thought I'd somehow buggered the servo or something, but once it was filled and bled it was silent again.

Edited by Veero

cir287

has the piston and spring been removed ?

if not then until there is fluid in it I wouldnt worry about how it sounds

if the piston has been removed then it may be worth checking that the spring is centered on the piston correctly, I cant remember exactly but I imagine it goes in one way only

Doof

Yea think it's the MC you sold veero. Maybe i should just connect it up and see, it's not massively difficult to take off again if it still makes funny noises.

Can't comment on the piston and spring having been removed...any ideas veero? If not i'll just try it and see.

Veero

Nope you had it as it came off the 406, didn't remove any part of it.

I think mine made the noise whilst bleeding but since it's been fitted and on the road it's gone and I've not noticed it since.