• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

Fao People Who Have Re-splined Arb's

Stu

So, ive finally got round to stripping my ZX beam, i intend to use the trailing arms on another beam build ive got planned for the future, but for now i want to get the ARB machined so i can use it in my 309 beam.

Its a 22mm item.

Now, the end is bigger than the diameter of the shaft, so we cant simply cut the splines longer down the shaft and trim the end.

So, what do you guys do? The arb end plates look the same as 205/309 from what i can see (bar obviously being bigger on the ARB socket) so do you just get one end machined to accept a 205/309 arb end plate and keep the bigger one at the other end?

I know it'll mean running the 306/ZX/Xsara type of seal in this end and a stock one the other.

Anyone? :)

Baz

The end plates are a different size... :)

Stu

buggernuts... :)

so i guess it'll have to be machined either end to suit the 205/309 arb end plate.

*sigh* ;)

James_R

there's 2 options one is have it resplined for 205 end plates which is what most people do.

Or option 2, cut it to length (one end) then weld the end plate on permanently so you can only ever remove one end plate and that will work too, as per S-sport ARB's, just be sure you've for it dead level when you weld or it will be on the piss and useless.

taylorspug

Ive done the chop and weld thing. Works absolutely fine, just make sure you get it dead level with both end plates on as James mentions above. :)