• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpaul

Boost Gauge....where Do I Connet It To?

pugpaul

I bought a Toyota Avensis 1998 2.0 Turbo Diesel as a run about. Ideal for my dogs :)

Anyway! I have decided to up the boost.....thing is I now have a boost gauge and have not a clue in where to connect it to. Its a mechanical injection, like the 205 Diesel Turbo, 309 and 405's.

I recently joined a Toyota forum and put this question up. 129 views and not one reply B)

Can anyone help me, any ideas on where I can put a T piece so I can connect my boost gauge?

Pic of engine........

toyengine.jpg

welshpug

any boost hose will do, most common one is the pipe to the fuel pump boost enrichment capsule.

which one that is on an avensis I haven't a clue B) on a 306/405 its the pipe off the front of the intercooler to the fuel pump.

pugpaul
your dogs drive?

My girlfriend does B):)

Henry Yorke
My girlfriend does :lol::lol:

Dare you to show her this post!!

pugpaul
Dare you to show her this post!!

I like life :lol::)

Tried working out where the pipe from intercooler is.......cant find it :lol:

I think I can put it in the hose where the bleed valve is going. Thats a hose from the actuator to the Turbo.....but would a bleed valve and a boost gauge both T piced into one very small hose work?

westy

Is there a small vacuum hose going from the throttle body?

tom_m

the thin pipes to the gold discs are connected to the inlet, because they are vacuum/boost diphrams, but one has a non return valve on so if you're going to use that one be sure to use it on the inlet side of the non return valve becuase i'm assuming it is there to prevent boost hitting the diphram (but could be the other way round.

otherwise follow them back to their origins and see if you can find a better one to use.

if all that fails find the turbo and tap into the feed for the wastegate actuator (if it has one)