• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jerseypug

Coms Lead Problem With Emerald Ecu

jerseypug

i am trying to set up my tps on the throttle bodies in my car but my laptop doesn't recognize my coms lead. the lead i have with the ecu has a 9 pin d connector that my computer does not have so i bought a converter to change the 9 pin d end into a USP end. i now think i need to download some software to let the computer know that the USP port is now a coms port. anyone know where i can download it from. i have searched but don't really know what i am looking for. i was hoping to sort it out today but spent most my time on the internet.

any help will be gratefully received

Tom Fenton

Phone up Emerald and order the converter from them, I tried a cheapo one off ebay that didn't work, but the one Emerald supply works fine on all PC's I've tried it on.

Rob Turbo

I have 2 usb to serial cables that I've used with my megasquirt, when you plug the usb cable into the computer it should come up with a message saying it's installing drivers, if not, it might already have them installed, with the cable plugged in, go to the device manager, it should be listed under ports, it will say which com port it is in there.

DrSarty

I had this, by trying to be clever and not buying the lead from Emerald.

Your choices are:

- buy Emerald's lead

or

- it's quite easy to download the driver. I remember that my Vista flashed up saying what driver it needed. A quick Google search found a download site and then it worked perfectly. I'll try and find it, but see what message you get then just search, download and install.

Rich

EDIT: This looks like where I downloaded it from: http://www.serialgear.com/USB-Serial-adapt...s-mac-linux.cfm

Edited by DrSarty

jerseypug
I had this, by trying to be clever and not buying the lead from Emerald.

Your choices are:

- buy Emerald's lead

or

- it's quite easy to download the driver. I remember that my Vista flashed up saying what driver it needed. A quick Google search found a download site and then it worked perfectly. I'll try and find it, but see what message you get then just search, download and install.

Rich

EDIT: This looks like where I downloaded it from: http://www.serialgear.com/USB-Serial-adapt...s-mac-linux.cfm

thanks for the help. i downloaded this link and my computer is trying to open it with windows media player for some reason. i think i will phone emerald tomorrow and order the converter and software from him.

thanks again