• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

306 Gti6 Mc Same As 406?

Spiky

need to get a MC for my mate, as he has gti6 brakes and told him to get a 406 one, but will the 206 gti6 be ok? is it the same?

Spiky

just seen that the 306 is 22mm so thats answered,,, lol

welshpug

306 gti6 uses 23.8 Spiky

Spiky

so can use one of them then?

and just get one blanking plug

Guest Wheres_my_wig
so can use one of them then?

and just get one blanking plug

I think the 306 GTI-6 MC only has 2 outlets, so you need two T shaped spiltters.

welshpug

yeah, one on the bulkhead for the front pair of calipers, and one at the back (like a 1.6)

Guest Wheres_my_wig
yeah, one on the bulkhead for the front pair of calipers, and one at the back (like a 1.6)

In theory you can spilt the lines anywhere, No? and you want to split it so one set of line controls the Right, one the left, just incase you spring a leak. Might be fun with all the brakes to the rear in the wet though!

welshpug

Personally I'd rather lose all front or all rear than have uneven braking, even in the event of a front system leak, there's still a pressure limiter in the rear lines.

The setup above allows the use of a bias valve, and Hydraulic handbrake if you need it.

Edited by welshpug

Guest Wheres_my_wig

Is there anything in the MOT that defines which system you should run?

welshpug

nope, 1.6 runs exactly as described.

Stu

*plays devils advocate* :)

Id rather go for the non-abs 406 item, same bore as the '6 one, but with 4 ports so can be plumbed up as factory.

Id prefer to have the split diagonal system too, ive had the misfortune of loosing all front brakes at speed, rear brakes are suprisingly inneffective at slowing you down on their own!

At least if you've got one front, you can balance out the pull with the steering wheel. :lol:

welshpug

emergency brake FTW :)

BackStreetRacecars

surely the fact that most four line systems are diagonal split then thats the best way to go?? or is the entire motor industry just wrong?

Guest Wheres_my_wig

I would have said so, I'd rather have a least one front brake! Although i havent been in that situation before, common sense says it would be safer. Diagonal Split means front right/back left Front left/back right on each piston of the mastercylinder right? Just checking.