• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
decoc182

Tu3m With Tu3f Head

decoc182

Just a quick question. Would a TU3F head from an ax gti fit onto the TU3M (single poin 75bhp) block? Would the CR be suitable? Just wondering if it would work as a spare block before I scrap it

RossD

It will physically fit.

(I thought the AX GTi was the same engine as the 106 XSi and hence TU3J.....?) Anyway, if it's the bigger valve cylinder head the compression will drop if you fit it to a SPi model that originally had the small valves. You would also have to block the injector holes if you were to keep the single point injection setup. :rolleyes:

Edited by RossD

snillet
It will physically fit.

(I thought the AX GTi was the same engine as the 106 XSi and hence TU3J.....?) Anyway, if it's the bigger valve cylinder head the compression will drop if you fit it to a SPi model that originally had the small valves. You would also have to block the injector holes if you were to keep the single point injection setup. :rolleyes:

Holespacing doesn´t fit the "M" manifold either.

But if i do not misread the first post it seems like he want´s to use the block from a TU3M with a MPI head and MPI system ?

Should work, but as said above, you need to watch out for lowered compression.

decoc182

I want to use the MPI from the axgti system with its head on the monopoint block. I want to use forced induction, so a low boost turbo or supercharger. So this should drop it enough for forced induction?

snillet
I want to use the MPI from the axgti system with its head on the monopoint block. I want to use forced induction, so a low boost turbo or supercharger. So this should drop it enough for forced induction?

What you´re thinking about is actually very close to a project i know of here in Sweden. That one is basically a 106XSi alloy block engine with TU3M pistons, ported head, 106rallye S1 inlet manifold and haltech injection, with 1.5bar of boost it makes 220bhp at the wheels, and that is NOT a fake figure, it runs on E85 fuel also, it would ping on gasoline....

But the headporting is a VERY important part in that project, they would probably not have reached much longer than 140bhp at the wheels without porting and running on gasoline.

Don´t know if the 106XSi aroun 1995-1995 with 1360cc alloy block was sold in GB ?, everyone writing about the 106XSi in GB seems to talk about the Cast iron version.

Edited by snillet