• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
reno9

Engine Diagnose Warning Lamp?

reno9

Today, I drive my 1,9 gti on icetrack and that warning lamp(between tacho and oil temp) came on. What can cause it? When I turn ignition off and starts again for some time it wont come on but then its there again. What at all can cause it ? Can I drive car or should I fix it somehow? Everythings works normally and all the temperatures are ok.

Rein

reno9

One thing more- if that lamp wont came on starting then after 2km it come to glow and engine like turns off for an half of second and then its ok everything works again without complications.

Maybe somebody have this experience before?

Does anybody can help me?

Rein

stimpysaurus

you can do a diagnosis on it - there should be a green plug socket near the battery. get a code reader or do the paperclip test. i have what the codes mean somewhere but i am at work at the minute, maybe someone has them to hand?

the light should come on when you turn the ignition on (i think unless my cars f***ed too :) )

when I'm driving it sometimes comes on but if i slow down to pull over it goes off and doesnt come on again.

reno9

Thanks,

maybe somebody can give me these codes and meanings - I really need it and I don't find this anywhere.

Rein

jordGTI

was the light red or orange?

Roman

diagnose(k-light) is orange ... be more specific which lamp glow... maibe one with STOP sight???

reno9

(diagnose(k-light) is orange)

it should be I think too but mine is red the same diagnose k-light what is betveen tacho and oil temp gauge- there are only 1 light. usually that kind of lamps are orange put mine is red.

Roman
(diagnose(k-light) is orange)

it should be I think too but mine is red the same diagnose k-light what is betveen tacho and oil temp gauge- there are only 1 light. usually that kind of lamps are orange put mine is red.

you car is cat(dkz) engine? .... if it is posible failure is.. lambda sensor,ecu temp sensor,afm....

you first find diagnose connector somevherein engine bay( mine is near expansion botle and simpli plug switch betven earth and pin 2(diagnose con) and count blink( on K-light) (look diagram)

erorr_code_gti2.pdf

erorr_code_gti_1.pdf

Roman

find some more hope this help :lol:

post-11484-1235802991_thumb.jpg

post-11484-1235803013_thumb.jpg

post-11484-1235803023_thumb.jpg

reno9
you car is cat(dkz) engine? ....

Does it makes any difference - car is originally with cat but its gone. I'm going to test this method and I let you know.

Thanks

Rein

Roman

cat no but lambda sensor must be conected and vorking

reno9

Today I tried this Diagnostic but no results. Maybe somebody can give me step by step instruction.

Does its right (green)plug just little right from fuel filter - witch pin is right to connect there are two way socket. No need to start engine? There are two positions of key when all lamps going to glow.

Thats first car to me what have such diagnostic plug- sorry.

Car is without cat but lambda sensor is there.

Rein

Roman

that's right socket conect svitch betven pin2(see picture of socket)and ground turn ignition key to position 2 and press svitch, k light blink code 12( start test) -now you must read carefuly manual... if test mode dont start you have problem( dirly contact in socket, viring to ecu...)

reno9

I tryed but no blinking. When I connect or disconnect wires then lamp glows or not but no blinking. What to do??

Rein

Edited by reno9