• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

Do I Get The Waterpump Done At The Same Time As Cambelt

davey205

the car has been extremely well looked after and on 72 genuine miles (i know the car) i'm just getting cam belt done as its been sat for 3 years but i'm wondering if i should also ask my Peugeot man to replace the pump as well ?

Masekwm

I would, for the cost of the part it's not worth neglecting.

welshpug

Definitely, if its like the last "well serviced" car that I did a timing belt on, it was still on the 158k mile original one :lol:

jimistdt

I would, especially as its been sat for so long.

I got one from GSF, I think it costs around £15 (My memory's crap) As it turned out the one we took out was as new, and probably didnt need replacing, but sometimes its best to err on the side of caution.

jimistdt
I would, especially as its been sat for so long.

I got one from GSF, I think it costs around £15 (My memory's crap) As it turned out the one we took out was as new, and probably didnt need replacing, but sometimes its best to err on the side of caution.

PS, Is that 72 miles or 72K? :lol:

richsmells

Do it! When I bought mine the seller kept saying it had a recent belt like it was the best feature! Never mind that the waterpump was squeaking and leaking water! It pained me to drive the thing until I got a new one in there.

richsmells

Just thought i'd add that you might as well fit a new tensioner too! :wacko:

S@m

Theres no good reason not to replace the pump and tensioners at the same time as the belt! A couple of extra bolts and a couple of extra quid, theres no cheaper or easier time to do it than when you have the belt off anyway!

Sam

pugdamo

You might aswell do the lot while its apart,for a bit of extra time and cost. Its peace of mind aswell knowing that once its done ITS DONE.

omega

do the lot its not worth not doing it

Sign in to follow this