• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul_13

S16 And Gti6 Engine Components Compatibility

Paul_13

Hi all,

Just wondering if any knows if the cambelt kit, water pump and head bolts from a S16 engine would fit a GTI6 engine?

I'm pretty sure the headgasket wouldn't fit as the water/oil holes look different.

Paul

welshpug

headgasket should be fine, its just another XU10 engine, the blocks are identical in most aspects.

timing belt kit is different.

water pump I have never had side by side, I would imagine they would be pretty similar.

same headbolts, different thickness spacer.

edit, checked info about headbolts, see above.

Edited by welshpug

Paul_13

Hmmm... thought this might be the case, i've got a feeling the water pump may be similar as it the same on alot of 16V engines, on the local motorshop books.

Is there anything mentioned with part numbers? (if anyone has these)

Well I now have a few bits for sale then <_<

welshpug

PSA part numbers are different for the water pumps, GTi6 being 1201 A1 and only listed for that engine, S16 uses 1201 67 which is only used in that engine (and the T16)

the J4R RFV engine has a different part number again <_<1201 93, I can only guess as to what the differences are seeing as externally they look the same, possibly different impeller profiles?!

(sparse data as to the fitment, some but not all coolant pump listings have the diameter of the impeller shown, but not in the case of the pumps in question.)

might explain why pattern parts fit more engines than the Peugeot/Citroen part numbers indicate.

headbolts are 0204 A0

belt kit for the S16/ 2.0 Mi16/T16 is 0231 25

Paul_13

Thanks Welshpug for the info and the update on the headbolts, very useful!

I have a waterpump up for grabs pattern though and a timing belt kit.

Paul