• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rapidcossie

Bilstein Probs

rapidcossie

The guy I bought them off goes by the username of 4039paulp if anyone knows him?

He's from Grimsby

Edited by rapidcossie

Batfink

There are only a few places that make these under the Bilstein name. I would give Skip Brown Cars a call and see what they say as they are one of the business's that make them.

philfingers

The hub location pin on them doesn't look like the one on my newer PTS ones, but looks like the ones on my older PTS ones (now sold) and also my compbrake items BUT my combrake ones don't have Bilstein stamped on them and my PTS ones do!

Certainly the top and bottom collars look like the ones on my PTS ones and the bottoms were the same on my old PTS ones too.

In the picture below PTS tar ones are top and compbrake gravel (with std top mounts are bottom

So did you undo the nut at the bottom and try and get them out? I think they're probably corroded inside from water sitting there- my guess.

205rallee is right I think, earlier ones are slotted and later ones are hex

IMG_8879.jpg

Sounds like a good option to send them somewhere for inspection, Ab Motorsport, Shenpar or Skip Brown would be a good bet