• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rom

Engine Loom Grommet

Rom

Hi

Im trying to find the part number for the main engine loom grommet. Sits drivers side, just above and to the left of the pedals etc (looking from inside).

So slightly towards the centre from the servo when looking from the front of car.

Most of the wiring diagrams arent coming up for me. So struggling to find it.

Cheers

GLPoomobile

I asked on here about 6 months ago when I was installing my new Mi loom. Didn't get anywhere though.

At the time I identified numerous grommets for the 205 on Servicebox, but from the pictures it's very difficult to identify if any are correct. Not helped by Peugoets very odd naming of some parts, and the fact that I can't understand the measurements that they show for each (none seemed to match the OE size). Some of the grommets are quite cheap and some quite expensive, and I didn't really fancy ordering one of each to try and get the right one.

oli-pug

possibly number 4 here, might be too small though??

clicky

or no.9b here

Edited by oli-pug

EdCherry

The one on the ECU loom?

0000699209 WIRING SHEATH

9B on diagram 205F 7 71E 01A

GLPoomobile

But are we sure that is the correct part?

I previously thought from the location on the diagram that it looked more likely to be the grommet for the speedo cable. Although the term 'wiring sheath' does make it sound more likely to be for the loom, but like I said, they can be really misleading with their part names :o

EdCherry

Had a look through all the part numbers listed and 9A is for the main loom through from the fusebox, which makes sense that 9B is the ECU loom. The diagram is for a left hand drive bulkhead so made it a bit harder to understand, but is still placed the right hand side of the servo (looking from the front of the car) and looks the same as the one of got on my wiring loom.

Rom

Ill order 9b on monday and let you know if its right :o

Assuming its not extortionate !

Cheers guys

pug309twin40s

im sure i've got a spare engine grommet in the garage if you get no luck at peugeot.

EdCherry

Rom ask them to confirm its the right part first! I dont wanna be blamed :o

GLPoomobile
Rom ask them to confirm its the right part first! I dont wanna be blamed :(

Don't be silly! As if any of the parts monkeys are going to have the first clue if it's right or not! They just look at the same stuff we have access to on Servicebox.

Last time I asked at a dealer I was told it'd only be available along with the whole loom, which was no longer available. The guy couldn't even comprehend the idea that I could find one in a scrappy and cut the loom to remove it :lol:

Although I managed to re-use mine, I would defo be interested in getting a new one if it turns out to be the right part. Just a hassle having to remove the ECU plug again to thread the loom through the grommet :o

Rom
Rom ask them to confirm its the right part first! I dont wanna be blamed :lol:

Spoke to them today...they had it in stock :) , and its 41p, which immediately makes me dubious.

He said its about 20mm in diameter, which i think sounds too small ? Ill try and get down and have a look at it. But sure the hole is bigger than that, maybe ID is 20mm ?

GLPoomobile

Outer diameter is more like 50mm.

Doof

Do this have 2 pieces or something. i've had a look at mine and it's about 20mm too small for the hole in the bulkhead. unless it just pushes along the loom up against the bulkhead? doesn't seem a very tight fit.