• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marc t

Yet Another Idle One

marc t

Firstly sorry for yet another idle question. I have gone through loads of posts but I can't spot this one. (I know there is bound to be one somewhere)

Anyway, the car starts fines, but ticks over too high. Also as it warms it it does have a bit of a missfire.

When fully warm it still ticks over too high. I have managed to get it to about 1300rpm by screwing the idle speed screw all the way in and backing off the one that sets the position (bit where the cable connects)

I have checked the temp sender and that has a reading. I have also tried squeezing the sad pipe to see if that is closed. When its warming up, the revs will change but when hot it makes no difference so this seems to be working.

I can't find any air leaks on any of the pipes etc.

Any tips would be welcome as I really need to get this car finished and MOTed. - Unfortuantly due to work needed on the house I may have to sell it soon for the cash so I really want it running properly ASAP so I can enjoy it as its a cracking car.

t16ryan

sounds like an air leak, tried the bolt what holds the oil filler tube? if this is missing it will suck air in.

Sign in to follow this