• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
phil-83

Radiator Fans

phil-83

hey all, i was just wondering if any one knew what the radaitor fan size and dimesions are ?

Garry

What is it you are trying to do?

As standard they part of a rather large plastic mounting that has room for two fans, but Gti's only run 1 fan, is it that what you are after?

The actaul fan blades are quite small 8-10'' or so.

phil-83

well im runnin mi16 engine and was lookin at extra cooling, ive found me self 306 d turbo twin fan and its plastic housing would that fit where the old fan would have been ?

pug_ham

The standard 205 cooling system is fine for running a Mi when its all in good condition.

Twin fans don't give any extra cooling because they are only working when the car is at a high enough temperature to trigger the fan switch in the rad.

205 diesels have twin fans & the same radiator cowling as the GTi so they are a direct fit, albeit un-necessarily.

Graham.

phil-83

well wen sittin in traffic it get very hot, i was gonna run 1 fan off a direct power lead and swicth, this work on a friends 2.0ltr fez turbo

Cameron

How quickly does it get hot? If it happens very quickly then something is definitely wrong, especially in this weather.

phil-83

normally drivin its fine, but i was sat on the m6, in traffic for just under a hour the other day and it was close to the max

Edited by phil-83

MerlinGTI

if you still have the orginal copper raidiator id ditch it and buy a nissens alloy one + Thermostat + cooling system flush.

I say this as every single copper 205 rad ive seen has been near death ( Copper (rad) and alloy (engine) dont like playing together when you throw water and heat into the mix.) Nissens alloy ones are only £50. When I first bought imy car it overheated on the way home, By doing the above things it never goes significantly above half way :lol:

Alfie
if you still have the orginal copper raidiator id ditch it and buy a nissens alloy one + Thermostat + cooling system flush.

I say this as every single copper 205 rad ive seen has been near death ( Copper (rad) and alloy (engine) dont like playing together when you throw water and heat into the mix.) Nissens alloy ones are only £50. When I first bought imy car it overheated on the way home, By doing the above things it never goes significantly above half way :lol:

My Rad is a bit beat up too. I reckon to replace it well before the summer. Where can I obtain one of these Alloy ones please?

pug_ham
Where can I obtain one of these Alloy ones please?

Pretty much any motor factors imo or ebay if you have to resort to it.

Should be able to find them for around £40 locally imo.

Graham.

MerlinGTI

Go for a Nissens one though, the quality is brilliant.

I fit rads everyday, pattern parts & OE for every make of car and I was impressed when I opened up my Nissens one <_< Still looking like new 2 years later if not a little grubby.