• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bobtt230

Modified Turbo Technics 1.9 Missing/ Runng Isues

bobtt230

hi everyone, ok really need your help here.

Ive got a track day on sunday and must get it sorted!!!

Ive just been up road now and if you hold part throttle and let it climb up the revs its fine but if you try and accelerate harder its like its hitting a false rev limiter! You can feather it past it but it gets worse the higher the revs!

its running fine when not under load so its proving quite hard to see what might be wrong.

My turbo technics 1.9 is running on emerald k3 and has had the later DIS ignition pack on, and i was wondering if it might be this? As ive just put my old spark plugs back in and its got worse (they are the same i had just replaced them like for like), like not reving past 2500! But i gave all the leads a WD40-ing at either end and this was all i changed before it got worse.

please help arrrgh!

thanks bob

Edited by bobtt230

welshpug

does the K3 drive the coil directly or Via an Ignition amlifier?

Tom Fenton

Sounds like it could be rich misfire to me, have you got a wideband lambda, if so get this hooked up and see what the fuelling is doing.

bobtt230

ive just fitted an LC-1 lambda sensor, and it is saying its running a little rich, but it isnt running closed loop or anything so it shouldnt have affected the map at all. but it was fine before i fitted it and thats when i changed the plugs.

im not to sur about how its running i suspect it could be running of the k3

Tom Fenton

How rich is it? What numbers are you getting?

What fuel pressure regulator are you using? Is it adjustable and could it have moved?

The K3 would usually drive the coilpack direct, but that depends on who wired it in and how they have done it.

bobtt230

just checked and the k3 does have ignition drivers built in. there is no amplifier

bobtt230

its maybe max running at 13-to high 12 ish when on boost its following the set targets wich it ran fine on before. it does have a regulator but i havn't moved it! and the readings are not stupidly rich.

Edited by bobtt230

Tom Fenton

OK thats not too bad then. When it starts stuttering and playing up what does the lambda show?

bobtt230

before it got worse it wouldnt start till 3500 4000 ish you could boot it till then, we did some data logging and the afr stayed pretty much about right.

but i changed the plugs back and now its alot lower like 2500 ish maybe lower.

also just found a rr graph with afr and its in about the same area so thats def not a problem

Edited by bobtt230

bobtt230
OK thats not too bad then. When it starts stuttering and playing up what does the lambda show?

around 13+

Tom Fenton

There is enough fuel then, what plugs are you using? How old is the coilpack?

bobtt230
There is enough fuel then, what plugs are you using? How old is the coilpack?

they are bcpr7es same as tt recomend but the ngk R ones. Not sure on the age of the coil pack but ive had it 3 years and it was on it when i got it! and would guess at it been on a good few years before that.

Tom Fenton

If you've tried different plugs then I'd say try another coilpack if you can borrow one to test with.

bobtt230
If you've tried different plugs then I'd say try another coilpack if you can borrow one to test with.

ill whip it off because i don't eben know what it is or what its from. i know the housing is a late pug one but not sure what pack the previous owner might have used!

Tom Fenton

If it bolts straight to the end of the thermostat housing chances are its a generic Peugeot one, found on 306's and 405's to name a few. If you want to drive down I've one you can borrow but its obviously a long way here.

bobtt230
If it bolts straight to the end of the thermostat housing chances are its a generic Peugeot one, found on 306's and 405's to name a few. If you want to drive down I've one you can borrow but its obviously a long way here.

hi tom sorry i didnt reply earlier, that sounds good, it does bolt onto the end of the housing! changed back to the new plugs this morning and it has improved but still not great! would you be around today?

thanks bob.

welshpug

sounds like its a coilpack off any 2.0 8v or most TU engines that don't run a distributor or Coil on plug, pretty easy to get hold of one.

bobtt230
sounds like its a coilpack off any 2.0 8v or most TU engines that don't run a distributor or Coil on plug, pretty easy to get hold of one.

whats the 2.0 8v found in? is it the 406 ? just wondering coz you know what auto places are like if cant say what its of lol

Tom Fenton

Ask for a coilpack from a 1997 306 XSi 2.0 8v, that should get you the right one. Am at work today, home after 4.30pm.

welshpug

no scrappies that let you wander with a few tools around you?

Peugeot Citroen Part number is 5970 70, I did a search for what cars they were fitted to;

3 document(s) found for 205 I-> AM91

2 document(s) found for 405

1 document(s) found for 605

1 document(s) found for 309

5 document(s) found for 405 new

7 document(s) found for 406

4 document(s) found for 406 new

11 document(s) found for 306

12 document(s) found for 306 new

5 document(s) found for 106 new

3 document(s) found for 806

2 document(s) found for 605 new

3 document(s) found for Partner (M49)

1 document(s) found for Boxer

1 document(s) found for Boxer 2

1 document(s) found for Expert 1 & 2

quite a few!! its founf on the TU engines as well, i.e the 1.1 1.4 and 1.6.

bobtt230

thanks for all your input guys, ive managed to get one of a saxo at the local scrappy! its only a temp measure, but it has sorted it!!!!!!

ill get one of a 2.0 version if i can.

will there be a big diffrence between the saxo one and a bigger engined one?

thanks bob

Tom Fenton

No difference at all, you may as well keep the one you have if it is working OK.

bobtt230

ok will do! have been getting on with all the other prep work today! think im about ready. But im sure ill remember something ive forgoten lol.

anyway thanks for the advise its been a real help!

bob

Sam

I'd get a spare. They are known to be a bit s*it.

bobtt230

hmm yea thats something to think about! not much chance of getting a spare before sunday now though lol.

Sign in to follow this