• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTuhkanen

Goodridge Brake Lines For 1.3 Rallye?

Guest JTuhkanen

Hi, I´m going to replace my old original brake lines with a Goodridge brake line kit but I have trouble finding out which one to buy.

I have been told that the 205 Rallye specific kit Goodridge sell is infact for the UK-spec Rallye, not the euro-spec 1.3 version. Is this true?

As far as I know the 1.3 Rallye has 1.6 GTI brakes but when I checked a local sparepart store they had following parts listed:

-------------------------------------------------------------

205-GTi Front. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

205 Rear left (not Rallye/1,9GTi). . . . . . . . . . . .

205 Rear right (not Rallye/1,9GTi). . . . . . . . . . . .

Rallye-1,3 Rear left. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Rallye-1,3 Rear right if 38cm/innerthreads. . . . . . .

Rallye-1,3 Rear right if 43cm/innerthreads+banjo. . . .

GTi-1,9 rear from pipe 38cm/innerthreads. . . . . . . .

GTi-1,9 rear from pipe 43cm/innerthreads+banjo. . . .

GTi-1,9 rear from caliper. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------

So, does the 1.3 Rallye have spesific brake lines or are the parts basically the same as 1.6 GTI?

Miles

The UK spec Rallye is just a std base model so is different to the GTi type of shell, I can;t recall the brake system on the Rallye

timmsy19

i think i read on here a while back that the 1.3 euro rallye had 1.9 Gti Spec front brakes but 1.6 spec rear drums? Could be wrong though

welshpug

Euro 205 Rallye is TU24, so the front brakes listed for them are 1.6 gti type Bendix vented.

its a bit vauge for the discs, no specific listing for them, hubs are 1.6 though so I would imagine so are the discs.

front to rear single line split like a 1.6 gti

front hoses listed as being 410 mm, rear L/H as 230mm r/h as 254mm.

Miles

And I bet like all the Goodridge hoses they don't fit without grinding

welshpug

I'd say 1.6 GTI hoses would suit them just fine, seeing as the front and rear brakes are the same as a 1.6 gti, a few minutes with a tape measure to confirm the lengths and whether they are male or female ends and you'll know for definite that you need.

Free Plug for Miles, the brake hoses he supplied for my car were perfect :ph34r:

205Rallee

Having replaced the original brake pipes and flexi houses on my Euro Rallye TU24 back in 1994 (I'm too old) I can confirm that the braking system is identical to any LHD 1.6 GTi with Bendix callipers, front discs are 1.6 (Peugeot Part No 4246.A6)and rear drums are Girling. I can't remember where I got my stainless flexi hoses from, just recall the front ones being quite long.

christopher
Having replaced the original brake pipes and flexi houses on my Euro Rallye TU24 back in 1994 (I'm too old) I can confirm that the braking system is identical to any LHD 1.6 GTi with Bendix callipers, front discs are 1.6 (Peugeot Part No 4246.A6)and rear drums are Girling. I can't remember where I got my stainless flexi hoses from, just recall the front ones being quite long.

Yep I confirm. The TU24 has the same braking and suspension system as a 1.6 GTi.