• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hexhamstu

Replacing The Aerial Base

hexhamstu

i havent got a haynes manual down here in swansea, does it tell you how to remove the base of the aerial as mine is snapped off and base part is left but broken. not sure how to go about removing it.

DrSarty
i havent got a haynes manual down here in swansea, does it tell you how to remove the base of the aerial as mine is snapped off and base part is left but broken. not sure how to go about removing it.

We can do mine too (tomorrow), as I got a nice matt black one (as a birthday present from GLPoo), and I believe you get at it by removing the interior light cluster. We shall see.

danpug

^^Correct

hexhamstu
We can do mine too (tomorrow), as I got a nice matt black one (as a birthday present from GLPoo), and I believe you get at it by removing the interior light cluster. We shall see.

does that mean you have a spare functioning normal aerial?

DrSarty
does that mean you have a spare functioning normal aerial?

Yes and you can have it complete; but I then need a new screw on ariel (black preferably), so could you nip out and get one please? I've got some car bits you can have in exchange.

hexhamstu
Yes and you can have it complete; but I then need a new screw on ariel (black preferably), so could you nip out and get one please? I've got some car bits you can have in exchange.

where do i purchase such an aerial?

you want a pink one http://washford.scene7.com/is/image/Washfo...#036;prod$ ??

DrSarty
where do i purchase such an aerial?

A car accessories shop perhaps! :)

EdCherry

Or even peugeot... I bought myself a new base from them was something silly like £4!?!?!

hexhamstu
A car accessories shop perhaps! :)

i really meant what kind do you want? standard? or something small/long black/pink

Edited by hexhamstu

DrSarty
i really meant what kind do you want? standard? or something small/long black/pink

Aaah, you see the key's in the question. :)

I would like just a standard (OE like) black whip ariel. Just a pattern model is fine *in black!!!*, length as standard (about 30" or so), and most accessory shops should do them. Probably be £5, which I can repay if you need or exchange?

GLPoomobile

I've still got the OE packaged short mast from Peugeot. I didn't give you that as I assumed you could re-use the one you've got. Plus, it was only supposed to be a little Birthday gift, so I thought that including the extra mast would just be a step towards a declaration of utter gay love :)

steve@cornwall

Take off the interior light console. Looking up you will see a stepped metal cover and a pink aerial wire disappearing underneath. Prise off the cover - or more likely, completely destrroy it with mole grips. Throw it away. You will now most probably be confronted by a very rusty 8mm nut o nto the areial base, holding that pink wire. I find it easiest to secure this nut with a spanner or socket and turn the aerial base with mole grips. Easier with an open sunroof :)

Rom

Fitted a new base to mine today funily enough.

Slightly different than the old design, but fits. Was less than a fiver i think. And as already said to fit it ;)