• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest MI16Tom

Twin 40 Webbers On Mi16

Guest MI16Tom

I have a MI16 running twin 40 webbers.

The block is standard. Running a nice stainless 4-2-1 manifold and system.

Would it be worth while upping to twin 45s or bigger?

40s seem a little small to me.

If it would be beneficial, does anyone know of a company that will take my perfect, freshly rebuilt 40s in part-ex for some bigger carbs?

hexhamstu

covered a few times, 40s are just to small and will lean out at top end. 45s are best suited. but 48s will do the job aswell. afaik

Baz

40's, 45's, 48's or 50's, they're all going to be pretty much set-up the same, chokes, mains, jets etc...

Saveit

Hi MI16Tom

Which setup (chokes, jets and so on) do you use for the 40 webers for the mi16? Please i really need this information!

dimmapalmer

oops double post

Edited by dimmapalmer

dimmapalmer

This link may help - "So a 40mm carb would be good up to a 33mm choke and 150bhp. A 45mm carb up to a 38mm choke and 200 bhp etc."

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/Chokes.htm

Had 40's on a standard 1.9 gti and it ran ok with 143bhp :lol: .

skinner2k3

I find that Puma article a little optimistic on what bhp certain choke sizes can manage. It suggests for a 132 bhp 4 cylinder engine 31mm chokes would be sufficient, thats not what I have found. I started at 30 then 32 then 34 and have now gone to 36mm chokes which are the limit for 40's and not recommended really.

What chokes did you have in you 40's?

I think a relatively std 1.9 8v is about the limit for 40's anything more powerfull and 45's are required.

welshpug

I'd get it setup properly on a RR and see actually how well its performing.

Sign in to follow this