• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kjd4000

Instructions On How To Fit An Immobiliser

kjd4000

My mate wants to fit an immobiliser into a golf mk2 and i was wondering if there were any generic instructions on how to fit one?

Any help greatly appreciated, or anyone that has fitted one into a mk2 and can help would be great.

Cheers

Kieran

omega
My mate wants to fit an immobiliser into a golf mk2 and i was wondering if there were any generic instructions on how to fit one?

Any help greatly appreciated, or anyone that has fitted one into a mk2 and can help would be great.

Cheers

Kieran

do you mean a secret switch or a alarm system?

lemmingzappa
do you mean a secret switch or a alarm system?

I think he means a normal ignition immobiliser :D

Rom

There all pretty much the same idea.

You break a circuit ie ignition or fuel pump etc, and use the 2 wires from the immobiliser to bridge them.

So unless the immob completes the circuit by being disamred, there is no current.

Generally the immob wires are all black so its harder to identify for thieves, although they only have to trace the wiring to find the bridge. So its worth trying to do it in an awkward place to get to. And wrap the loom afterwards.

Hope this makes sense.

Edited by Rom

lemmingzappa

Just a quick note, it's probably better to fit a multi-circuit immobiliser if you can.

That way, even if a thief bypasses one set of cables, he'll have to do it again.