• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Paulmac19

Rims And Sizes And A Very Big Hello From A New Member

Paulmac19

Hi and hello from me i have a 205 cti 1.9 phase 2 k reg

i live in northern ireland so these wee motors and indeed 205s in general are quite a rare bear!

i have been updating and restoreing my cti and apart from a small piece a welding and a respay its pretty much looking how i want or should i say can afford to make it look :)

so here is my problem i recently bought a set of 206 gti nimrod rims coming with 205 45 16 tyres on them for a very respectful £120

i took of my old rims 1.9 gti rims with 195 50 15 off because i would like to get these restored evenually

so of couse the rims now rub against the back of the inner arches bodywork side

now i know changing the tyres to 195 45 16 is the problem solved

but i was wondering would fitting 10mm spacers allow them to fit because things are pretty tight on the external arches side too!

flat spacers or hubcentric spacers have both been mentioned has anyone came across this before and are the spacers going to put extra stress on the rear axel as far as i know the hubcentric spacers eliminate this or so they say!

any help would be great folks

would love to hear from anyone else from Northern Ireland/Ireland we dont even have a club over here!

1 FAT PUG

you might be better off getting 195/40/16 tyres fitted then that should give you the rolling radius of the 15" wheels